This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measuring and Modeling Support Forces of People to Assist in the Development of the ASPECT Manikin Weighting
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The ASPECT (Automotive Seat and Package Evaluation and Comparison Tools) Program has developed the next generation SAE 3-D H-Point testing manikin. During the development of the ASPECT manikin, new data were collected on how people loaded different regions of a seat and how these loads varied with different postures. These data, along with a computer model of the ASPECT manikin, were used to assist in the development of a human-like weight distribution for the new seating device, the ASPECT manikin.
CitationBush, T., Gregg, S., and Hubbard, R., "Measuring and Modeling Support Forces of People to Assist in the Development of the ASPECT Manikin Weighting," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0961, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-0961.
- Hubbard R Gedraitis C. J.. Biomechanically Articulated Chair Concept and Prototypes Society of Automotive Engineers Technical Paper . No. 97051 1997 117 124
- Qualisys Mac Reflex Software Qualisys 148 Eastern Blvd. Ste. 110, Glastonbury CT 06033
- Abraham S. Johnson C.L. Najjar F. Weight and Height of Adults 18-74 Years: United States, 1971-74 Vital and Health Statistics, Series 11, Number 208 DHEW Publications Nubmer 79-1656 Hyattsville, MD US Department of Health Education and Welfare National Health and Nutritional Examination Survey of 1974 (NHANES II)
- Roe, R General Motors Packaging Study
- Gregg, S. “Weighting of ASPECT Manikin Determined by Two-Dimensional Kinetic Modeling,” Dept. of Mat. Sci. and Mechanics, Michigan State University 1998
- Roe, R. UMTRI 1997
- Ekern, D.F. “Two-dimensional Kinetic Modeling of Human Posture in Automotive Seats,” Dept. of Mat. Sci. and Mechanics, Michigan State University 1996
- Ekern, D.F. Gedraitis C.J. Hubbard R.P. “Kinetic Computer Modeling of Human Posture in Automotive Seats,” Paper No. 970592 Soc. Auto. Eng. 1997
- Bush, T.R. Ekern D.F. Hubbard R.P. “Methodology for Posture Measurement in Automobile Seats: Experimental Methods and Computer Simulations International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation- Ergonomics and Safety. Paper No. 98SAF036 1998