This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Torsion Beam Rear Suspension with Toe Control Links
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Attaining optimum balance between longitudinal compliance and sideforce compliance steer in a torsion beam suspension system is a challenging task. We developed a suspension in which the longitudinal compliance is almost doubled and the side force compliance steer amount is improved by using the link effect of toe control links. This suspension system has been developed to realize excellent controllability, stability, riding comfort, and road noise performance.
CitationShimatani, H., Murata, S., Watanabe, K., Kaneko, T. et al., "Development of Torsion Beam Rear Suspension with Toe Control Links," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0045, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-0045.
- HARADA H. Hasimoto T. Watari A. “The Theory of Stability and Controllability in Consideration of Compliance of Suspension and Steering System” Proceedings, 6th IAVSD-Symposium Berlin 3-7 September 1979
- Akinobu InabaNissan Technical Review “Design Concept of Front Suspension Compliance ” 3 11 No.161980 (in Japanese)
- Sakai Hideki Kitahama Kenichi Satoh Yukiharu “A Study of Automobile Transient Response Using Normalized Cornering Power Represented by Complex Number JSAE 129 134 29 1 1998 in Japanese
- Sakai Hideki Satoh Yukiharu Automobile Model Taking into Account of a Tire Dynamic Property JSAE-Cp1197-1183 No.63-608 1997 in Japanese
- Bendat Julius S. Piersol Allan G. Engineering Applications of Correlation and Spectral Analysis 83 86 1980
- Hisaoka Yuji Yamamoto Masaki Fujinami Hiroaki “A Research on Desirable Steering Response and Steering Torque for Drive'S Feeling ” JSAE 61 66 28 4 1997 in Japanese
- Norman Kenneth D. “ Objective Evalutation of On-Center Handling Performance SAE No. 840069
- Sakai Hideki Theoretical Consideration of Relation of Rear-Wheel Skid to Steering Input SAE No. 970378