This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Automotive Engineering: March 2017
- Magazine Issue
Published 2017-03-02by SAE International in United States
- Thought leadership at WCX17
Lucid Motors' David Moseley: EV or ICE, "It is all physics"
- New eye on the road
One of the industry's hottest tech suppliers is blazing the autonomy trail by crowd-sourcing safe routes and using AI to learn to negotiate the road. Mobileye's co-founder and CTO explains.
- Hard, slick and ready to roll
A tough, self-renewing catalyst coating developed at Argonne National Laboratory provides unprecedented friction and wear protection for vehicle powertrains, the inventors claim.
- Sensor ICs, semiconductors and safety
To achieve ISO 26262 compliance, engineering practices must be taken to a higher level. The following insights may prove valuable for getting there.
- New VCR targets 40% BTE
Variable-compression ratio with VVA from France's MCE-5.
- Editorial: Nation of Innovation
- SAE Standards News
Sharpening the focus on OBD-II security
- Supplier Eye
Smaller suppliers facing global challenges
- Chicago auto show: All-new 2018 Ford Expedition gets aluminum body, 10-speed
- Chicago fire: Dodge wedges 375-hp Hemi V8 into Durango SRT
- Visteon tests augmented-reality HUD for Level 4 autonomy
- Nissan's new King Cab full of patent potential
- Early ride: Lucid Motors' 1000-hp Air 'alpha' electric prototype
- Horst Binnig, Rheinmetall CEO, talks e-products