This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aerospace & Defense Technology: August 2017
- Magazine Issue
Published August 03, 2017 by SAE International in United States
- The Rapid Rise of Beryllium-Aluminum Alloys in Aerospace
- Aeroacoustic Simulation Delivers Breakthroughs in Aircraft Noise Reduction
- Using System Simulation to Manage Increasing Thermal Loads on Aircraft Fuel Systems
- Ensuring the Compliance of Avionics Software with DO-178C
- Microwave Photonic Notch Filter Helps Ensure Critical Mission Success
- Measuring Propellant Stress Relaxation Modulus Using Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer
New testing technique requires less material, gives more accurate results.
- Combustion Characteristics of Hydrocarbon Droplets Induced by Photoignition of Aluminum Nanoparticles
Test methodology allows analysis of combustion dynamics for subscale rocket injectors under super critical conditions.
- Vapor Pressure Data and Analysis for Selected Organophosphorous Compounds: DIBMP, DCMP, IMMP, IMPA, EMPA, and MPFA
Determining the thermophysical properties of chemical warfare agent simulants can help evaluate the performance of defensive equipment.
- Coupling of Coastal Wave Transformation and Computational Fluid Dynamics Models for Seakeeping Analysis
New analytical tools improve understanding of vessel operating environments in the littorals.
- Assessment of Non-traditional Isotopic Ratios by Mass Spectrometry for Analysis of Nuclear Activities
Technique can be used to distinguish between commercial nuclear reactor fuel cycles, fuel cycles for weapons grade plutonium, and products from nuclear weapons explosions.