This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SAE Off-Highway Engineering: October 7, 2016
- Magazine Issue
Published October 07, 2016 by SAE International in United States
- The Best of COMVEC 2016
Autonomous vehicles, improved fuel efficiency and thermal management are among the pressing topics detailed in this select group of technical papers from the SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress.
- Autonomous solutions in agriculture
- Pneumatically shifted air suspension loading on 6x2 trucks
- Optimizing waste heat recovery for long-haul trucks
- Downsizing a HD diesel engine for off-highway applications
- Fan-shroud optimization for enhanced thermal performance
- Touch takes hold, switches lend a hand
Touch screens are becoming the norm, but knobs and switches are often used to improve operator comfort.
- U.S. Army marches toward driverless
TARDEC targets vehicle autonomy with new V2V / V2X test bed in Michigan.
- Automotive influence on off-highway cabs
- Cummins goes for big power, low emissions with all-new X-Series heavy-duty diesels
- Full electric drivetrain for HD vehicles the result of supplier alliance
- NanoSteel confident its new AHSS is ready for volume production
- Auxiliary hydraulics highlight productivity focus for Deere reduced-tail-swing excavators
- Electric power to revolutionize heavy-duty distribution trucks