This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Automotive Engineering: May 5, 2016
- Magazine Issue
Published 2016-05-05 by SAE International in United States
- New dawn at Honda R&D
President Yoshiyuki Matsumoto aims to invigorate Honda's technology and product-development organization with 'full soul.'
- Automated driving meets regulation: NHTSA and the next
The challenges and opportunities on the road to 'zero deaths' demand a new level of federal automotive safety technical standards, and a new safety-defect reporting and recall system. NHTSA and the U.S. Congress must act boldly and quickly to make it happen.
- Autonomous driving meets regulation: Hands off, eyes
off, brain off
Euro NCAP'S president warns that without coherent policies, the growing availability of automated technologies may result in piecemeal technology development-and unintentional consequences.
- Designer yin meets engineer yang
Efficient and effective vehicle development means even closer collaboration between the two former sparring partners.
- The e-LSD alternative to AWD
Eaton's new-for-2018 electronic limited-slip differential offers mass, fuel-consumption, and packaging benefits over typical AWD while enhancing vehicle dynamic control.
- 2016 SAE World Congress: Connected vehicles will be hackers' trophy
- 2016 SAE World Congress: Nautilus claims radical advance in HCCI engine development
- 2016 SAE World Congress: Electric propulsion now 'inescapable'
- Chipmakers gearing up for onboard wireless charging
- Tesla's highly-anticipated Model 3 brings technology questions
- Mazda reveals retractable-hardtop MX-5 RF
- Enter two new plug-ins: 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and Toyota Prius Prime
- Lincoln unveils big-SUV future with Navigator concept
- Nissan targets cabin NVH with big investment in Sentra upgrade