Energy-Efficient Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control with Receding Horizon of Traffic, Route Topology, and Traffic Light Information
- Journal Article
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.4271/12-02-02-0006
ISSN: 2574-0741, e-ISSN: 2574-075X
Published May 16, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Wikström, N., Parrilla, A., Jones, S., and Grauers, A., "Energy-Efficient Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control with Receding Horizon of Traffic, Route Topology, and Traffic Light Information," SAE Intl. J CAV 2(2):87-98, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/12-02-02-0006.
- US Dept. of Trans. , “Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics,” https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812318, accessed Dec. 2018.
- US Dept. of Trans. , “Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics,” https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812115, accessed Dec. 2018.
- Eskandarian, A. , Handbook of Intelligent Vehicles (London: Springer, 2012), 209-232. ISBN:978-0-85729-085-4.
- Eskandarian, A. , Handbook of Intelligent Vehicles (London: Springer, 2012), 191-207. ISBN:978-0-85729-085-4.
- Cooperative ITS Corridor , “Cooperative Traffic Systems-Safe and Intelligent,” http://c-itskorridor.de, accessed Dec. 2018.
- US Dept. of Trans. , “Smart City Contest Winner,” https://www.transportation.gov/smartcity/winner, accessed Dec. 2018.
- Stern, E.R. et al. , “Dissipation of Stop-and-Go Waves via Control of Autonomous Vehicles: Field Experiments,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 205-221, 2018, doi:10.1016/j.trc.2018.02.005.
- Jones, S., Huss, A., Kural, E., and Albrecht, R. , “Optimal Electric Vehicle Energy Efficiency Recovery in an Intelligent Transportation System,” presented at in ITS World Vienna, Oct. 22-26, 2012.
- Truck Driver , “Edition January 2014,” http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/trucks/pdfs/trucks/actros/truck-and-drive-reprint.pdf, accessed Dec. 2018.
- Nguyen, V.D., Kim, O.T.T., Nguyen Dang, T., Moon, S.II. et al. , “An Efficient and Reliable Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory System for Autonomous Cars,” presented at in 18th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS), Japan, Oct. 5-7, 2016.
- Karoui, M., Freitas, A., and Chalhoub, G. , “Efficiency of Speed Advisory Boundary fINder (SABIN) Strategy for GLOSA Using ITS-G5,” presented at in IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Performance Evaluation and Modeling in Wired and Wireless Networks (PEMWN), France, Sept. 26-28, 2018.
- Katsaros, K., Kernchen, R., Dianati, M., and Rieck, D. , “Performance study of a Green Light Optimized Speed Advisory (GLOSA) Application Using an Integrated Cooperative ITS Simulation Platform,” presented at in 7th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, Istanbul, July 4-8, 2011.
- Jones, S., Kural, E., Ferreira Parrilla, A., and Grauers, A. , “Traffic Light Assistant System for Optimized Energy Consumption in an Electric Vehicle,” presented at in 2014 International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE), Vienna, Nov. 3-7, 2014.
- Moser, D., Schmied, R., Waschl, H., and del Re, L. , “Flexible Spacing Adaptive Cruise Control Using Stochastic Model Predictive Control,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 26(1):114-127, 2018, doi:10.1109/TCST.2017.2658193.
- Novikov, A., Novikov, I., Katunin, A., and Shevtsova, A. , “Adaptation Capacity of the Traffic Lights Control System (TSCS) as to Changing Parameters of Traffic Flows within Intellectual Transport Systems (ITS),” Transportation Research Procedia 20(1):455-462, 2014, doi:10.1016/j.trpro.2017.01.074.
- Tielert, T., Killat, M., Hartenstein, H., Luz, R. et al. , “The Impact of Traffic-Light-to-Vehicle Communication on Fuel Consumption and Emissions,” presented at in Internet of Things (IOT), Japan, 29 Nov.-1 Dec., 2010.
- Jeong, K., Lee, H., Lee, J., Yoo, S. et al. , “Utilization of ADAS for Improving Idle Stop-and-Go Control,” presented at in ASME Dynamics Systems and Control Conference, Atlanta, GA, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2018.