This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Countering the Destabilizing Effects of Shifted Loads through Pneumatic Suspension Design
- Journal Article
ISSN: 2380-2162, e-ISSN: 2380-2170
Published November 8, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Chen, Y. and Ahmadian, M., "Countering the Destabilizing Effects of Shifted Loads through Pneumatic Suspension Design," SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 4(1):2020.
- Ranganathan, R., Rakheja, S., and Sankar, S. , “Influence of Liquid Load Shift on the Dynamic Response of Articulated Tank Vehicles,” Vehicle System Dynamics 19(4):177-200, 1990.
- McKnight, A.J. and Bahouth, T.G. , “Analysis of Large Truck Rollover Crashes,” Traffic Injury Prevention 10(5):421-426, 2009.
- Uys, P.E., Els, P.S., and Thoresson, M.J. , “Criteria for Handling Measurement,” Journal of Terramechanics 43(1):43-67, 2006.
- National Transport Commission (NTC), “Load Restraint Guide,” Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia, 2004.
- Modaressi-Tehrani, K., Rakheja, S., and Stiharu, I. , “Three-dimensional Analysis of Transient Slosh within a Partly-Filled Tank Equipped with Baffles,” Vehicle System Dynamics 45(6):525-548, 2007.
- Jung, J.H., Yoon, S.H., Lee, Y.C., and Shin, C.S. , “Effect of the Vertical Baffle Height on the Liquid Sloshing in a Three-Dimensional Rectangular Tank,” Ocean Engineering 44:79-89, 2012.
- Ibrahim, I.M. , “Anti-Slosh Damper Design for Improving the Roll Dynamic Behavior of Cylindrical Tank Trucks,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3729, 1999, doi:10.4271/1999-01-3729.
- Kolaei, A., Rakheja, S., and Richard, J.M. , “Effects of Tank Cross-Section on Dynamic Fluid Slosh Loads and Roll Stability of a Partly-Filled Tank Truck,” European Journal of Mechanics-B/Fluids 46:46-58, 2014.
- Shangguan, W., Chen, Y., Wang, X., and Rakheja, S. , “Simulation of a Partly-Filled Tank Vehicle Combination in TruckSim and Tank Design Optimisation,” International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems 23(3):264-282, 2016.
- Azadi, S., Jafari, A., and Samadian, M. , “Effect of Tank Shape on Roll Dynamic Response of an Articulated Vehicle Carrying Liquids,” International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems 21(3):221-240, 2014.
- Cole, J.D. , “Fundamental Issues in Suspension Design for Heavy Road Vehicles,” Vehicle System Dynamics 35(4-5):319-360, 2001.
- Cao, D., Song, X., and Ahmadian, M. , “Editors’ Perspectives: Road Vehicle Suspension Design, Dynamics, and Control,” Vehicle System Dynamics 49(1-2):3-28, 2011.
- Nieto, A.J., Morales, A.L., Gonzalez, A., Chicharro, J.M., and Pintado, P. , “An Analytical Model of Pneumatic Suspensions Based on an Experimental Characterization,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 313(1):290-307, 2008.
- Chen, Y., Ahmadian, M., and Peterson, A. , “Pneumatically Balanced Heavy Truck Air Suspensions for Improved Roll Stability,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2749, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2749.
- Chen, Y., Hou, Y., Peterson, A., and Ahmadian, M. , “Failure Mode and Effects Analysis of Dual Leveling Valve Airspring Suspensions on Truck Dynamics,” Vehicle System Dynamics 57(4):617-635, 2019.
- Chen, Y., Peterson, A., and Ahmadian, M. , “Achieving Anti-Roll Bar Effect through Air Management in Commercial Vehicle Pneumatic Suspensions,” Vehicle System Dynamics 57(12):1775-1794, 2018, doi:10.1080/00423114.2018.1552005.
- Ahangarnejad, A., Melzi, S., and Ahmadian, M. , “Numerical Comparison of Two Methods for Integration of Active Rear Steering, Torque Vectoring and Hydraulically Interconnected Suspension,” International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing 13(2):125-148, 2018.
- Kolaei, A., Rakheja, S., and Richard, J.M. , “Range of Applicability of the Linear Fluid Slosh Theory for Predicting Transient Lateral Slosh and Roll Stability of Tank Vehicles,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 333(1):263-282, 2014.
- Ashtiani, I.H., Kolaei, A., Abedi, M., and Rakheja, S. , “Application of Linear Slosh Theory on Stability of the B-train Combinations,” in The Dynamics of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks: Proceedings of the 24th Symposium of the International Association for Vehicle System Dynamics (IAVSD 2015), Graz, Austria, 2015, 327.
- Cheli, F., D’Alessandro, V., Premoli, A., and Sabbioni, E. , “Simulation of Sloshing in Tank Trucks,” International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems 20, pp. 1-18, no. 1, 2013.
- Saeedi, M.A., Kazemi, R., and Azadi, S. , “Liquid Sloshing Effect Analysis on Lateral Dynamics of an Articulated Vehicle Carrying Liquid for Various Filled Volumes,” International Journal of Engineering-Transactions B: Applications 28(11):1671, 2015.
- Rakheja, S., Sankar, S., and Ranganathan, R. , “Roll Plane Analysis of Articulated Tank Vehicles during Steady Turning,” Vehicle System Dynamics 17(1-2):|81-104, 1988.