This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of Tensile Behavior of 0.22% Carbon Steel with Notched Specimen Subjected to Corrosive Environment
ISSN: 1946-3979, e-ISSN: 1946-3987
Published March 23, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Rizwee, M. and Ahmad, M., "Investigation of Tensile Behavior of 0.22% Carbon Steel with Notched Specimen Subjected to Corrosive Environment," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 13(2):161-173, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/05-13-02-0012.
- Hancock, J.W. and Mackenzie, A.C. , “On the Mechanisms of Ductile Failure in High-Strength Steels Subjected to Multi-Axial Stress-States,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 24(2-3):147-160, 1976.
- Mackenzie, A.C., Hancock, J.W., and Brown, D.K. , “On the Influence of State of Stress on Ductile Failure Initiation in High Strength Steels,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics 9(1):167-188, 1977.
- Beremin, F.M., Pineau, A., Mudry, F., Devaux, J.C. et al. , “A Local Criterion for Cleavage Fracture of a Nuclear Pressure Vessel Steel,” Metallurgical Transactions A 14(11):2277-2287, 1983.
- Birnbaum, H.K., Robertson, I.M., Sofronis, P., and Teter, D. , “Mechanisms of Hydrogen Related Fracture-A Review, in Second International Conference on Corrosion-Deformation Interactions CDI’96, Nice, France, 1996, 172-195.
- Londe, N.V., Jayaraju, T., and Rao, P.S. , “Use of Round Bar Specimen in Fracture Toughness Test of Metallic Materials,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 2(9):4130-4136, 2010.
- Onurisi, N.O. and Oluwole, O. , “Stress Effects on Microstructure and Failure Morphology of Low Carbon Steel Sheet”.
- Nath, S.K. and Das, U.K. , “Effect of Microstructure and Notches on the Fracture Toughness of Medium Carbon Steel,” Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering 3(1):15-22, 2006.
- ASTM , “Standard Methods of Tension Testing of Metallic Materials,” 2009.
- ASTM G85 - 11 , “Standard Practice for Modified Salt Spray (Fog) Testing,” Developed by Subcommittee, G01.05, Book of Standards Vol. 03.02.
- ASTM A370 - 14 , “Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products,” Developed by Subcommittee: A01.13, Book of Standards Volume: 01.01.
- ASTM G49 - 85 , “Standard Practice for Preparation and Use of Direct Tension Stress-Corrosion Test Specimens,” Developed by Subcommittee: G01.06 Book of Standards Volume: 03.02, 2011.
- TM0177, NACE , Laboratory Testing of Metals for Resistance to Sulfide Stress Cracking and Stress Corrosion Cracking in H2S Environments (Houston, TX: NACE, 2005).
- ASTM G48-11 , “Standard Test Methods for Pitting and Crevice Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steels and Related Alloys by Use of Ferric Chloride Solution,” 2009.
- ASTM B368 - 09 , “Standard Test Method for Copper-Accelerated Acetic Acid-Salt Spray (Fog) Testing (CASS Test),” Developed by Subcommittee G01.05, Book of Standards Vol. 03.02.
- Standard, ASTM , B117-03. Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus (West Conshohocken, PA: ASTM International, 2003).
- Mott, N.F. , “Fracture of Metals: Theoretical Considerations,” Engineering 165:16-18, 1948.
- Molski, K. and Glinka, G. , “A Method of Elastic-Plastic Stress and Strain Calculation at a Notch Root,” Materials Science and Engineering 50(1):93-100, 1981.
- Gemma, A.E. , “An Approximate Elastoplastic Analysis of the Effect of Plane Strain at the Surface of a Notch,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics 21(3):495-501, 1985.
- Seeger, A. , Dislocation Mechanical Properties of Crystals (New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1957).
- Frank, F.C. and Read, W.T. Jr. , “Multiplication Processes for Slow Moving Dislocations,” Physical Review 79(4):722, 1950.
- Read, W.T. , Dislocations in Crystals (New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1953).