Theories and Methods of Future HMI Design for Automobiles
HMI design is an Interdisciplinary, which is based on human cognitive psychology and combines humanities, sociology, aesthetics, information science and other disciplines. While automotive technologies can be applied regardless of regions, HMI must be localized, as it is closely related to regional culture, people's living habits and characteristics. At the same time, HMI design has its own complete theoretical system, research and design methods and testing methods, instead of relying on experience. The purpose of this course is to equip people involved in the automotive industry with a basic sense of HMI design of vehicles.
HMI design is a highly practical subject, so for each topic, 1/3 of the teaching time will be spent in explaining the theory, and 2/3 of the time will be spent in guiding students to do practice. There will be several classroom experiments, and students will complete the tasks in groups to achieve the best learning effect.
What Will You Learn
By attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic theories and methods of HMI design of automobiles
- Explain the overall process and problem-solving methods of HMI design
- Explore the trend in HMI of automobiles
- Master the actual process and operation of HMI design for automobiles
Is This Course For You
Front-line R&D personnel of HMI design, intelligent cockpit, intelligent connection intelligent driving, industrial design, automotive electronics
- What is HMI design?
- Concept of HMI design
Application scenarios of HMI design in practices
How to analyze the existing problems in design and propose new design requirements?
- Methods and concepts
- Topic-given experiment + hands-on practices by group
It is hoped that students can put forward the problems encountered in practice for classroom discussion
- Guide free discussion
- Targeted group experiment
Fundamentals of cognitive psychology that underpin HMI design
- Introduction to the fundamentals of cognitive psychology
Research methods of automobile development and user needs
- Introduction to the trend in automotive HMI
- Research methods of user needs
- Introduction of concepts, what dose user needs truly mean?
- Hands-on experiments by students, to learn how to conduct research on user needs
. Methods, processes, and multiple iterations of HMI design
- Introduction to the methods and theories of HMI design
- Try to simulate the overall scheme of a design according to the requirements, to understand the design process and problem-solving methods
. Test and evaluation of HMI design
- Introduction to test methods and evaluation criteria
- Hands-on practices by students, to learn the methods by case