This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Evaluation of Fatigue Strength for Various Kinds of Spot-Welded Test Specimens
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Eight kinds of the spot-welded test specimens were studied to obtain the basic fatigue data on steel sheets for car bodies.
Analytical methods such as the strain amplitude at outside and inside plates close to the nugget, the maximum nominal stress and Kθmax criteria of fracture mechanics were used. The authors propose that the ratio of strains at two points around the nugget can provide evaluation of the bending load and estimation of the fatigue strength.
CitationMizui, M., Sekine, T., Tsujimura, A., Takishima, T. et al., "An Evaluation of Fatigue Strength for Various Kinds of Spot-Welded Test Specimens," SAE Technical Paper 880375, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880375.
- Kitagawa H., Satoh T., and Fujimoto M.; SAE Paper 850371 (1985).
- Orts D.H.; SAE Paper 810355 (1981).
- Davidson J.A., and Imhof E.I. Jr.,; SAE Paper 830034 (1983).
- Ono M., Tanaka J., Yuuki R., Nakatsukasa Y. and Mori N.; Fatigue Strength and Life Estimation on Spot-Welded Structure for Auto-bodies, JSAE, (1985), P. 18.
- Aoyama, I. and Fujimoto; M. ZAIRYO, Vol. 529 (1975), P. 326.
- Pook; L.P. Int. J. of Fracture, 11 (1975), P. 123.
- Abe, H. Satoh; T. Symposium of Fatigue Strength and Life Estimation on Spot-Welded Structure for Autobodies, JSAE, (1985), P. 27.
- Yuuki, R. Ohira, T. Nakatsukasa, H. and Yi; W. Int. of Symposium Resistance Welding and Related Welding Processes--OSAKA (1986), P. 145.
- Yuuki R., Takahashi Y., Tsuzimura A.; To be published.
- Erdogan F., and Sin G.C.; Trans. ASME(D), 85 (1963), P. 519.