This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Navy Advanced Flight Control Actuation Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a program directed toward establishing the feasibility of a new and innovative Flight Control Actuation System concept. This concept is based on the utilization of a fly-by-wire, direct, electrically controlled surface actuator which accepts computer signals. Standardized modules are used to provide alternate actuator configurations and power classes. The concept is in accordance with MIL-F-18372 which states that “Flight control systems should be as simple, direct, and foolproof as possible, with respect to design, operation, inspection, and maintenance.”
CitationDemarchi, J. and Knox, C., "Navy Advanced Flight Control Actuation Systems," SAE Technical Paper 740888, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740888.
- “Feasibility Study for Advanced Flight Control Actuation System.” Columbus Aircraft Div., Rockwell International Corp.
- Deamer D. Brigham S. “Theoretical Study of Very High Pressure Fluid Power Systems.” North American Aviation, Inc., Columbus Div. Oct. 15 1966
- Stauffer J. “Dynamic Response of Very High Pressure Fluid Power Systems.” North American Rockwell Corp., Columbus Div. April 16 1969
- Goethel C. “High Pressure Pump.” Aerospace Div. of Abex Corp. 1970
- Demarchi J. “Dynamic Response Test of Very High Pressure Fluid Power Systems.” North American Rockwell Corp., Columbus Div. Dec. 9 1970
- Demarchi J. N. Haning R. K. “Application of Very High Pressure Hydraulic Systems to Aircraft.” Columbus Aircraft Div., North American Rockwell Corp. March 1972
- Demarchi J. N. Haning R. K. “Lightweight Hydraulic System Development.” Columbus Aircraft Div., Rockwell International Corp. May 1973
- Demarchi J. N. Haning R. K. “Preparations for Lightweight Hydraulic System Hardware Endurance Testing.” Columbus Aircraft Div., Rockwell International Corp. December 1973