This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adjustable Speed V-Belt Drives-Mechanical Properties and Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper is a theoretical examination of both the manually and automatically regulated adjustable V-belt drive. Simple relations for external axial loads are assumed to show the analytical treatment of various axial loading equipment and the properties attained by the V-belt drive when different equipment are combined. It is demonstrated that some combinations give stable automatic drives while other combinations give unstable drives.
|Technical Paper||Development Solutions to a Cleaner, Quieter, Two-Stroke Snowmobile|
|Technical Paper||V-Belt Reliability — A Statistical Study of Large Sample Size Fatigue Tests|
|Technical Paper||Rubber CVT Belts|
CitationGerbert, B., "Adjustable Speed V-Belt Drives-Mechanical Properties and Design," SAE Technical Paper 740747, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740747.
- Worley W. S., “Designing Adjustable-Speed V-Belt Drives for Farm Implements.” SAE Transactions, Vol. 63 (1955), pp. 321-330.
- Oliver L. R. and Henderson D. D., “Torque Sensing Variable Speed V-Belt Drive.” SAE Transactions, Vol. 81 (1972), paper 720708.
- Gerbert B. G., “Force and Slip Behaviour in V-Belt Drives.” Acta Polytechnica Scandinavica, Mech. Eng. Series No. 67, Helsinki, 1972.
- Gerbert B. G., “Tensile Stress Distribution in the Cord of V-Belts.” ASME paper 73-DE-D, 1973.
- Gerbert B. G., “Power Loss and Optimum Tensioning of V-Belt Drives.” ASME paper 73-WA/DE-7, 1973.
- Gerbert B. G., “Pressure Distribution and Belt Deformation in V-Belt Drives.” Trans. Machine Elements Div., Lund Tech. Univ., Lund, 1973. (Accepted for publication in Trans. ASME).
- Gerbert B. G., “Scheibenspreizkräfte in Breitkeilriemengetrieben.” Antriebstechnik, Vol. 13, No. 1 (1974), pp. 17-21.
- Oliver L. R., Hornung K. G., and Shapiro H. N., “An Automatic V-Belt Transmission with an Assymetrical Belt.” Jrl. of Engrg. for Ind., Vol. 95, No. 3 (1973), pp. 771-779.