This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Materials Systems - Thermally Sprayed Coatings and Monolithic Refractory Shapes
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Applications and physical property data for advanced materials in the form of thermally sprayed coatings and monolithic refractory shapes are presented. A slurry wear test for coatings is described and preliminary results discussed. Refractory hardware designed to operate under extreme environmental conditions are described.
CitationCoes, S. and Scott, G., "Advanced Materials Systems - Thermally Sprayed Coatings and Monolithic Refractory Shapes," SAE Technical Paper 700049, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700049.
- Wheildon, W. M. Jr. “Coating Metals and Other Materials with Oxide and Articles Made Thereby.” May 3 1955
- Welding Handbook Sixth Welding Processes American Welding Society 1969
- Ault N. N. “Characteristics of Refractory Oxide Coatings Produced by Flame-Spraying.” J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 40 3 1957 69 74
- Ault N. N. Wheildon W. M. “Modern Materials” 2 New York and London Academic Press 1960
- Wheildon, W. M. Jr. “Oxide Coated Articles with Metal Undercoat.” July 19 1966
- Heestand R. L. et al “Recent Developments in Plasma Spray Studies at Battelle-Columbus Laboratories.” Fifteenth Meeting of the Refractory Composites Working Group February 1969
- Ault N. N. “Optical Properties of ROKIDE Coatings.” Sixth Meeting of the Refractory Composites Working Group June 17-19 1962
- Scott G. F. “Corrosion and Wear Resistant Thermally Sprayed Coating Composite.” 71st Annual Meeting of the American Ceramic Society May 1969
- Refractory Ceramics for Aerospace-Materials Handbook American Ceramic Society 1964
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- Metals Handbook 1961
- Brittain C. B. “The Resistance of Some Refractory Materials to High Pressure Steam.” 61st Annual Meeting of the American Ceramic Society 1959
- Alliegro R. A. “Refractory Articles Bonded to a Metal Base.” Dec. 8 1964
- Klafstad J. O. “Wear and Friction Characteristics of Loose 46 Grit SiC on Various Materials.” Worcester Polytechnic Institute May 1965
- Washburn M. E. “Silicon Oxynitride Refractories.” Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 46 7 1967 667 671