This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Economics of Integrated Logistics Support
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
“The Economics of Integrated Logistics Support” is a treatise which discusses techniques for evaluating the economics of integrated logistics support as applied to the selection of support systems. The prime objective here (and in the utilization of such techniques) is to develop methods for generating quantitative data for cost optimization of support philosophy including test equipment selection, manpower factors, inventory factors, facilities, deployment, and equipment maintenance considerations. A deterministic model is described, including the enumeration of its capability in terms of versatility to evaluate many alternatives rapidly and inexpensively since it presently exists in the form of an operating computer program. This includes sensitivity testing of significant parameters to evaluate the cost effectiveness trends of support alternatives. Input data requirements are also reviewed along with various cost effectiveness indices used to judge the system’s worth based on quantitative results representative of specific applications.
CitationSeaberg, E. and Triplett, W., "The Economics of Integrated Logistics Support," SAE Technical Paper 690632, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690632.
- Integrated Logistics Planning Guide for DoD Systems and Equipment Department of Defense Directive October 15 1968
- Morris, T.D. Assistant Secretary of Defense for Installation and Logistics Keynote Address to EIA Integrated Logistics Support Symposium, Washington, D. C. March 7 1968
- Larsen F.J. Dr. Deputy Director of Defense Research and Engineering OSD ILS -- Integrated Logistics Support, Its Necessity and Accomplishment, EIA Integrated Logistics Support Symposium, Washington, D. C. March 7 1968
- Goldman, A. S. Slattery, T. B. Maintainability A Major Element of System Effectiveness John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1964
- Lidiak, J. E. Floating Electronic Maintenance Facility - RCA Aerospace Systems Division Defense Electronic Products Burlington, Mass. RCA Engineer 14 No. 2 August/September 1968
- Stockton, E. M. Douglas, D. A. Automatic Test Equipment for Army Field Use RCA Product Engineering June 10 1968
- Bokros, P. Automatic Electro-optic Testing Using LCSS RCA Product Engineering June 10 1968
- McCollor, R. L. DIMATE - A Space Age Robot, RCA Aerospace Systems Division Defense Electronic Products Burlington, Mass. RCA Engineer 12 No. 3 October/November 1966