This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling of the Automatic Power Distribution System among the Traction Motors of the Driving Wheels of a Multi-Axle Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Dynamics of acceleration, mobility, fuel efficiency of wheeled vehicles are largely determined by the drive circuit to the driving wheels and bridges, as well as devices used in drive link nodes to distribute power among the driving wheels. This is especially important for multi-axle wheeled vehicles. In this paper, the object of the study is a multiaxial wheeled vehicle with an electric transmission consisting of an internal combustion engine with a power of 720 kW, one common generator and twelve traction motors mounted directly on the driving wheels. In connection with the change in load on the driving wheels due to the variability of soil properties, driving conditions (acceleration, braking, uniform motion), terrain topography, it is necessary to provide external regulation of electric machines working in the transmission of the vehicle. The aims of the work are: 1) the study of currents and voltages in traction motors while changing the properties of the ground during the movement; 2) modeling of the automatic system providing full loading of the internal combustion engine and optimal distribution of power among the driving wheels with full fuel supply; 3) simulation of an automatic control system for traction motors, which provides the operation of the internal combustion engine with an economical characteristic for partial fuel supply and during acceleration. As a result of the study, the model of the automatic power distribution system among traction motors of the driving wheels of a multi-axle vehicle was developed, which made it possible to provide more efficient operation of the multi-axis vehicle.
CitationKondakov, S., Pavlovskaya, O., Aliukov, S., and Smirnov, V., "Modeling of the Automatic Power Distribution System among the Traction Motors of the Driving Wheels of a Multi-Axle Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0914, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0914.
- Platonov, V.F., All-Wheel Drive Cars (Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 1989), 312.
- “The Design of All-wheel Drive Wheeled Cars,” Textbook for universities in two volumes, Under the general editorship of Polungyan, A.A., MGTU, 2000.
- Gladov, G.I., “The Design of Multi-purpose Tracked and Wheeled Vehicles,” MSTU, 2016.
- Aliukov, S.V., Keller, A.V., and Alyukov, A.S., “Design and Calculating of Relay-type Overrunning Clutch,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1134, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-1134.
- Alyukov, A.S., “Vibration Isolation System Design for Mobile Platform with Serial Industrial Manipulator,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, WCE, vol. II, in London, UK, 2018, pp. 630-634.
- Alyukov, S.V., “Approximation of Step Functions in Problems of Mathematical Modeling,” Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations 3(5), 2011.
- Petrov, V.A., Automatic Control of Continuously Variable Transmissions of Self-propelled Machines (Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1986), 248.
- Petrov, S.E., “Estimation of the Efficiency of Using a Hydroelectric Transmission in Automobile Transport,” in Proceedings of the 65th International Scientific and Technical Conference of the Association of Automotive Engineers (AAI), Moscow, MSTU MAMI, Book 1, 2009, 246-254.
- Shukhman, S.B., “The Use of Adjustable Transmission in a Four-Wheel Drive Car, Vestnik MGTU,” Mechanical Engineering Series 4(61):72-80, 2005.
- Shukhman, S.B., Solovyov, V.I., and Prochko, E.I., “Increasing the Efficiency of a Full-Flow Hydrovolume Transmission due to the Combined Method of Controlling Hydraulic Machines,” Bulletin of Mechanical Engineering 2:27-32, 2006.
- Kondakov, S.V. and Pavlovskaya, O.O., “Intellectual Infinitely Variable Transmission - Regulator of Fuel Consumption of the Engine and Torque of Driving Wheels,” Bulletin of Mechanical Engineering 7:3-11, 2013.
- Isakov, P.P., Ivanchenko, P.N., and Yegorov, A.D., Electromechanical Transmissions of Tracked Tractors (Mechanical Engineering, 1981), 302.
- Orlin, A.S., “Theory of Working Processes of Piston and Combined Engines,” A textbook for students of the specialty, “ICE,” Mechanical Engineering, 1971, 400.
- Leontiev, A.G., “Electronic Book on Electromechanics,” http://www.unilib.neva.ru/dl/059/CHAPTER5/Chapter5.html.
- Bakhmutov, S.V., Ivanchenko, S.V., Ivanchenko, S.B. et al., “Correction Algorithms for the Control System of a Hydro-volume Transmission of an All-wheel Drive Vehicle with its Straight-line Movement,” Automotive Industry 1:14-18, 2010.
- Kotiev, G.O., Gorelov, V.A., and Miroshnichenko, A.V., “Synthesis of the Control System for Traction Motors for Individual Drive of the Driving Wheels of a Car,” Science and education: electronic scientific and technical publication, MGTU, 12, 2011, 1-20.
- Gorelov, V.A., Maslennikov, L.A., and Miroshnichenko, A.V., “Evaluation of the Effectiveness of the Laws of Control of Individual Drive Propulsion of Wheeled Transport Complexes,” Science and Education: Electronic Scientific and Technical Publication, MGTU, 6, 2012, 77-106.
- Gomberg, B.N., Kondakov, S.V., Nosenko, L.S., and Pavlovskaya, O.O., “Simulation of the Movement of a High-speed Tracked Vehicle with an Electric Transmission,” Bulletin of SUSU, Series “Energy,” Chelyabinsk: Izd. SUSU, vol. 18, No. 37 (296), 73-81.
- Pavlovskaya, O.O., Kondakov, S.V., and Nosenko, L.S., “Formation of the Ideal Traction Characteristics of the Wheel Machine and Economical Characteristics of the Internal Combustion Engine by Controlling the Electromechanical Transmission,” Bulletin of SUSU, Series “Computer technology, management, electronics,” Chelyabinsk, vol.13, № 2, 64-73.
- Kondakov, S.V., “Efficiency of an Inertial Pulsed Torque Converter in a Vehicle Transmission,” Russian Engineering Research, 2017, 929-935.
- Kondakov, S.V., Gorely, E.A., and Savinovsky, A.G., “Mathematic Modeling of Self-Propelled Unmanned Tracked Platform with Hydrostatic Transmission,” Procide Engineering 206:1546-1551, 2017.
- Pavlovskaya, O.O., Kondakov, S.V., and Andreeva, A.A., “Modelling Human Operator Driving High-Speed Tracked Vehicle,” IEEE Xplore Digital Library, doi:10.1109/ICIEAM.2017.8076151.
- Aliukov, S.V. and Alyukov, A.S., “Analysis of Methods for Solution of Differential Equations of Motion of Inertial Continuously Variable Transmissions,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1105, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-1105.
- Velikanov, N.L., Koryagin, S.I., and Sharkov, O.V., “Definition of Locked-up Stresses around a Rectilinear Welding Seam,” in MEACS2015, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 124, 2016, 012094, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/124/1/012094.
- Dubrovskiy, A., Aliukov, S., Keller, A., Dubrovskiy, S., and Alyukov, A., “Adaptive Suspension of Vehicles with Wide Range of Control,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8032, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01- 8032.
- Aliukov, S., Keller, A., and Alyukov, A., “Method of Calculating of Relay Type Free-Wheel Mechanism,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2782, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2782.