This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of CFD Shape Optimization Technology using the Adjoint Method and its Application to Engine Intake Port Design
ISSN: 1946-3936, e-ISSN: 1946-3944
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Tokuda, S., Kubota, M., and Noguchi, Y., "Development of CFD Shape Optimization Technology using the Adjoint Method and its Application to Engine Intake Port Design," SAE Int. J. Engines 6(2):833-842, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0969.
- Yagi, H. and Kawahara, M., “Optimal shape determination of a body located in incompressible viscous fluid flow”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.196, Issues 49-52, pp.5084-5091, 2007.
- Othmer, C., “CFD Topology and Shape Optimization with Adjoint Methods”, Proceedings of 13. Internationaler Kongress Berechnung und Simulation im Fahrzeugbau, 2006.
- Hinterberger, C. and Olesen, M., “Automatic Geometry Optimization of Exhaust Systems Based on Sensitivities Computed by a Continuous Adjoint CFD Method in OpenFOAM,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1278, 2010, doi: 10.4271/2010-01-1278.
- Petropoulou, S., Gavaises, M., and Theodorakakos, A., “An Adjoint Method for Hole Cavitating Control Through Inverse Nozzle Design,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0892, 2006, doi: 10.4271/2006-01-0892.
- Bendsøe, M. P. and Kikuchi, N., “Generating optimal topologies in structural design using a homogenization method”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.71, No.2, pp.197-224, 1988.
- Bendsøe M. P., “Optimal shape design as a material distribution problem”, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Vol.1, No.4, pp.193-202, 1989.
- Wang M.Y., Wang X. and Guo D., “A level set method for structural topology optimization”, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.192, No.1, pp.227-246, 2003.
- Allaire, G., Jouve, F. and Toader, A. M., “Structural optimization using sensitivity analysis and a level-set method”, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol.194, pp.363-393, 2004.
- Borrvall, T. and Petersson, J., “Topology optimization of fluids in Stokes flow”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol.41, No.1, pp.77-107, 2003.
- Gersborg-Hansen, A., Sigmund O., and Haber R. B., “Topology optimization of Channel flow problems”, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 30-3, pp.181-192, 2005.
- Olesen, L. H., Okkels, F. and Bruus, H., “A high-level programming-language implementation of topology optimization applied to steady-state Navier-Stokes flow”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol.65, pp.975-1001, 2006.
- Challis, V. J. and Guest, J. K., “Level set topology optimization of fluids in Stokes flow”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol.79, No.10, pp.1284-1308, 2009.
- Häußler, P., Nitsopoulos, I., Sauter, J. and Stephan, M., “Topology and Shape Optimization Methods for CFD Problems”, Proceedings of 24th CADFEM Users' Meeting 2006, International Congress on FEM Technology with 2006 German ANSYS Conference, 2006.
- Kondoh, T., Matsumori, T. and Kawamoto, A., “Numerical Investigation on Optimum Body Shape in Low Reynolds Number Flow : Drag Minimization and Lift Maximization by Topology Optimization” (in Japanese), Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, Vol.76, No.768, pp.1152-1161, 2010.
- Othmer, C., de Villiers, E. and Weller, H. G., “Implementation of a continuous adjoint for topology optimization of ducted flows”, Proceedings of 18th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference 2007, AIAA 2007-3947, 2007.
- Hinterberger, C. and Olesen, M., “Automatic Topography Optimization of Automotive Exhaust System with a Continuous Adjoint CFD Method in Open-FOAM”, Proceedings of Open Source CFD International Conference 2009, 2009.