This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Novel Vehicle-Based Method to Assess the Impact of Lubricant Quality on Passenger Car Energy Efficiency
ISSN: 1946-3952, e-ISSN: 1946-3960
Published September 10, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Guinther, G. and Styer, J., "Development of a Novel Vehicle-Based Method to Assess the Impact of Lubricant Quality on Passenger Car Energy Efficiency," SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 5(3):1034-1047, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1619.
- Final Technical Support Document, Fuel Economy Labeling of Motor Vehicle Revisions to Improve Calculation of Fuel Economy, EPA420-R-06-017 December 2006
- Consortium to Develop a New Sequence VID Fuel Efficiency Test for Engine Oils, Final Report October 15 2008 ASTM Test Monitoring Center ftp://ftp.astmtmc.cmu.edu/docs/gas/sequencevi/minutes/VID%20ConsortiumMatrixInfo/VID%20Consortium/Final%20Report%2010-16-08.pdf
- Update on Development of a New Sequence VID Fuel Efficiency Test for Engine Oils June 17 2008 Linden, Jim General Motors R&D
- ASTM D7589-11a Standard Test Method for Measurement of Effects of Automotive Engine Oils on Fuel Economy of Passenger Cars and Light-Duty Trucks in Sequence VID Spark Ignition Engine
- International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee ILSAC GF-5 Standard for Passenger Car Engine Oils
- API Publication 1509 Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System
- 40 CFR Part 86, Appendix V
- Assessment and reliability of transport emission models and inventory systems, final report, TRL Unpublished Report UPR/IE/044/07 TRL Limited Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GA, United Kingdom October 2007
- US EPA http://www.epa.gov/otaq/crttst.htm
- US EPA http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ratingsNewSticker.shtml
- Devlin, M. Lam, W. McDonnell, T. “Critical Oil Physical Properties that Control the Fuel Economy Performance of General Motors Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 982503 1998 10.4271/982503