This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigations of the Influence of Lower Frequency Aerodynamic Noise on Interior Cruise and Exterior Pass-By Sound Levels
- Journal Article
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1554
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published June 13, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Event: 7th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
Citation: Donavan, P., "Investigations of the Influence of Lower Frequency Aerodynamic Noise on Interior Cruise and Exterior Pass-By Sound Levels," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 5(3):1133-1142, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1554.
- Donavan, P. and Schumacher, R., Chapter 120, “Exterior Noise of Vehicles - Traffic Noise Prediction and Control”, Handbook of Noise and Vibration Control, Crocker, M. editor, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, 2007, pp 1427-1437
- Donavan, P. and Lodico, D., “Measuring Tire-Pavement Noise at the Source”, NCHRP Report 630, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., 2009.
- Cogotti, A., “Aeroacoustics Development at Pininfarina,” SAE Technical Paper 970402, 1997, doi:10.4271/970402.
- Künstner, R., Potthoff, J., and Essers, U., “The Aero-Acoustic Wind Tunnel of Stuttgart University,” SAE Technical Paper 950625, 1995, doi:10.4271/950625.
- Donavan, P., Lodico, D., and Rymer, B., “Considerations in the standardization of on-board sound intensity (OBSI) for highway pavement evaluation”, Proceedings of NoiseCon 2007, Reno, NV, October 2007.
- Donavan, P., “Contributors to Lower Frequency Pass-by Noise Levels under Cruise Conditions,” SAE Int. J. of Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 4(2):1132-1141, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-1613.
- “Standard Practice for Measurement of Tire/Pavement Noise Using the On-Board Sound Intensity (OBSI) Method”, TP 76-11 (Proposed), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, 444 North Capitol Street N.W., Suite 249, May 2011. Washington, D.C. 20001
- Donavan, P, “Noise Evaluation of Various Pavement Texture on New Portland Cement Concrete”, Noise Control Engineering Journal, 57 (2), March-April 2009, pp 62-76.