This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Verification Road Test of DME Vehicles for Commercial Freight
Published May 19, 2010 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Conference
To promote development and commercialization of the DME vehicles, a verification road test of DME vehicles for commercial freight began in November 2009 as the DME vehicles project of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. This paper introduces the summary of the verification road test such as characteristic of medium-duty DME trucks, enforcement organization, test area and fueling facilities. From the road test in the initial stage, acceleration and fuel consumption and driving distance of medium-duty DME trucks were about the same with the medium-duty diesel trucks. In addition, to assure safety and environment-related issue of the DME vehicles, the items of the technical guideline in the production of the DME vehicles were collected through the road test.
- Yoshio Sato - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Atuhiro Kawamura - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Hiroshi Oikawa - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Takeshi Tokumaru - Isuzu Central R&D Labs
- Junichi Yoshida - Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- Naoki Kanda - Niigata Prefecture
- Hisashi Otuka - Japan D-M-E Corp.