This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sliding Damage Evaluation of Surface Coating by Test Dies Assuming Real Press Working
Published May 20, 2009 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Conference
In this study, we examined the damage of coatings on press working die in the slide loading condition. The SKD11 was selected as the base metal of the test piece because of frequent application as die steel. The slide tests could be carried out with making our own testing dies on actual press working conditions. On the slide tests, TRD and CVD coatings were selected. The slide damage of TRD coatings was smaller than that of CVD coatings. The slide damage of coatings was quantitatively evaluated by the X-ray diffraction technique and surface roughness. The damage mainly depended on the dynamic friction coefficient and the toughness of coating.
- Kunio Ohya - Oya Traditional Cram School for Technology
- Yasunobu Komine - Komine Seisakusho K.K.
- Keiji Yokose - Dowa Thermotech Co., Ltd.
- Koki Toishi - Dowa Thermotech Co., Ltd.
- Kaoru Inoue - Ibaraki Univ.
- Shogo Matsunaga - Ibaraki Univ.
- Soichiro Nishino - Ibaraki Univ.
- Toshiyuki Asano - Ibaraki Prefectural Industrial Technology Center
- Ken Kato - Ibaraki Prefectural Industrial Technology Center