This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis on Driver's Behavior During Yellow Traffic Signals Using Drive Recorder
Published May 21, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Meeting
In recent years, the number of traffic accidents shows gradual decreasing in severe injuries, whereas increasing the total number of accidents. It is necessary to investigate the driver's behavior in intersections since many traffic accidents occur in that area. During yellow light at signalized intersections, drivers occasionally fall into dilemma either passing through the intersection or stopping at stop-line. In this paper, using the drive-recorder-equipped vehicle, many incident data that occurred during yellow light has been investigated. Using the collected data, actual dangerous zone during yellow light is extracted. Because the zone is one of the targets for accident prevention, the obtained understandings are useful in considering measures for enhancing safety.
- Katsumi Moro - Society of Automotive Engineer of Japan
- Yohei Michitsuji - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Daisuke Mezaki - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Masao Nagai - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Motoki Shino - The University of Tokyo
- Minoru Kamata - The University of Tokyo