This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Refurbishing Passenger Carriages in the Bulgarian State Railways
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents the problem of refurbishing passenger carriages for the needs of BDZ as a way to increase the speed, reliability, comfort and the quality of the services in the Bulgarian railways. That is an appropriate solution under the conditions of economic crisis in the country. The carriages produced in Bulgaria have turned to be unsuitable for refurbishing so a number of used carriages have been imported from Germany and Austria. Refurbishing has been done at the Plant for Carriages in Drianovo according to the European standards and environmental requirements. The problem examined in the paper is of great importance for the quality of the mass passenger transport in Bulgaria and its improvement as a requirement for Bulgaria's integration to the European Union structures.
CitationSofronov, S. and Benchev, B., "Refurbishing Passenger Carriages in the Bulgarian State Railways," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3294, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3294.
- Conception of the Activities of Refurbishing the Passenger Carriages National Company of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) Sofia 2000
- Conception of the Rolling Stock Development to 2010 National Company of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) Sofia 1999
- ELP-16 Project Ministry of Transport in Bulgaria 1995
- Environment and Water Law State Gazette 73 1995
- Instruction N4 of the Council of Ministers in Bulgaria State Gazette 68 1998