This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Investigation of Electric Vehicle Performance and Energy Consumption on Chassis Dynamometer Using Drive Cycle Analysis
- Journal Article
ISSN: 2640-642X, e-ISSN: 2640-6438
Published December 2, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Lairenlakpam, R., Kumar, P., and Thakre, G., "Experimental Investigation of Electric Vehicle Performance and Energy Consumption on Chassis Dynamometer Using Drive Cycle Analysis," SAE J. STEEP 1(1):2020.
- Li, Z., Khajepour, A., and Song, J. , “A Comprehensive Review of the Key Technologies for Pure Electric Vehicles,” Energy 182:824-839, 2019.
- Prabhakar, K.K., Chinthakunta, U.R., Singh, A.K., and Kumar, P. , “Efficiency and Performance Analysis of DTC-Based IM Drivetrain Using Variable DC-Link Voltage for Electric Vehicle Applications,” IET Electrical Systems in Transportation 8(3):205-214, 2018.
- Ou, S., Hao, X., Lin, Z. et al. , “Light-Duty Plug-In Electric Vehicles in China: An Overview on the Market and Its Comparisons to the United States,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 112:747-761, September 2019.
- Walker, P.D., Abdul Rahman, S., Zhang, N., Zhan, W. et al. , “Modelling and Simulation of a Two Speed Electric Vehicle,” In: Sustainable Automotive Technologies. (Berlin, Springer, 2012), 193-198.
- “Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India (FAME India Scheme),” March 8, 2019, under The National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020 of Government of India, https://dhi.nic.in/writereaddata/UploadFile/publicationNotificationFAME%20II%208March2019.pdf.
- Federal Indian Legislation, Gazette notification no. G.S.R 167(E), 2019, https://morth.nic.in/sites/default/files/notifications_document/Notification_no__G_S_R_167(E)_dated_01_03_2019.pdf.
- Lairenlakpam, R., Praveen, K., Thakre, G.D., Gupta, P. et al. , “Electric Conversion of a Polluting Gasoline Vehicle into an Electric Vehicle and Its Performance and Drive Cycle Analysis,” in 2018 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Chennai, India, December 2018, paper id: 63, 18-21.
- del Valle, J.A., Vieraa, J.C., Anseána, D., Brañasb, C. et al. , “Design and Validation of a Tool for Prognosis of the Energy Consumption and Performance in Electric Vehicles,” Transportation Research Procedia 33:35-42, 2018.
- Wang, J., Li, W., Zhang, X., Yi, P. et al. , “Road Dynamic Simulation for Vehicle Driveline Experiments,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-5016, 2018, doi:https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-5016.
- Mishra, P., Saha, S., and Ikkurti, H.P. , “Selection of Propulsion Motor and Suitable Gear Ratio for Driving an Electric Vehicle on Indian City Roads,” in IEEE International Conference on Energy-Efficient Technologies for Sustainability, Nagercoil, India, Apr. 2013, 692-698.
- Butler, K.L., Ehsani, M., and Kamath, P. , “A Matlab-Based Modeling and Simulation Package for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Design,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 48(6):1770-1778, November 1999.
- Chih-Ming, C. and Jheng-Cin, S. , “Performance Analysis of EV Powertrain System with/without Transmission,” World Electric Vehicle Journal 4:629-634, November 2010.
- Tavares, A.A., Saldias, C.E.P., Fornasa, I., Carbonera, L.F.B. et al. , “Power Losses Analysis and Efficiency Evaluation of an Electric Vehicle Conversion,” in IEEE International ESARS-ITEC Conference, Nottingham, UK, November 2018, doi: 10.1109/ESARS-ITEC.2018.8607322.
- Gupte, S. , “Experimental Analysis and Feasibility Study of 1400cc Diesel Engine Car Retrofitted into Hybrid Electric Vehicle by Using BLDC Hub Motors,” Energy Procedia 54:177-184, 2014.
- Liaw, B.Y. and Dubarry, M. , “From Driving Cycle Analysis to Understanding Battery Performance in Real-Life Electric Hybrid Vehicle Operation,” Journal of Power Sources 174:76-88, 2007.
- Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) for Automotive Vehicles , “Determination of Road-Load Constants by Coast Down Test Method,” IS 14785: 2000.
- Singh, A.K., Dalal, A., and Kumar, P. , “Analysis of Induction Motor for Electric Vehicle Application Based on Drive Cycle Analysis,” in IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Mumbai, India, December 2014, 16-19.
- Lei, F., Bai, Y., Zhu, W., and Liu, J. , “A Novel Approach for Electric Powertrain Optimization Considering Vehicle Power Performance, Energy Consumption and Ride Comfort,” Energy 167:1040-1050, January 2019.
- Riba, J.-R., López-Torres, C., Romeral, L., and Garcia, A. , “Rare-Earth-Free Propulsion Motors for Electric Vehicles: A Technology Review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 57:367-379, 2016.
- Su, J., Gao, R., and Husain, I. , “Model Predictive Control Based Field-Weakening Strategy for Traction EV Used Induction Motor,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 54(3), June 2018.
- Ellabban, O., Van Mierlo, J., and Lataire, P. , “A Comparative Study of Different Control Techniques for an Induction Motor Fed by a Z-Source Inverter for Electric Vehicles,” in IEEE International Conference on Power Engineering, Energy and Electrical Drives, Malaga, Spain, Accession Number: 12304681, 2011, doi:10.1109/PowerEng.2011.6036554.
- Bazzi, A.M., Friedl, A.P., Choi, S., and Krein, P.T. , “Comparison of Induction Motor Drives for Electric Vehicle Applications: Dynamic Performance and Parameter Sensitivity Analyses,” in IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, Accession Number: 10729108, Miami, FL, May 2009, doi:10.1109/IEMDC.2009.5075273.
- Indian Automotive Industry Standard Electric Vehicle Conductive AC Charging System (AIS)-138 (Part-1) , February 2017, https://hmr.araiindia.com/Control/AIS/210201752832PMAIS138_Part1.pdf.
- “Testing Type Approval and Conformity of Production (CoP) of Vehicles for Emission as per Central Motor Vehicles (CMV) Rules 115, 116 and 126,” Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, MoRTH/CMVR/TAP-115/116 (Issue 4), https://araiindia.com/CMVR_TAP_Documents/Part-14/Part-14_Chapter04.pdf.
- “Testing Type Approval and Conformity of Production (CoP) of Vehicles for Emission as per Central Motor Vehicle Rules 115, 116 and 126,” Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, MoRTH/CMVR-115/116 (Issue 4), Part-III, Chapter-3, 59-64, https://araiindia.com/CMVR_TAP_Documents/Part-03/Part-03_Chapter03.pdf.
- “Testing Type Approval and Conformity of Production (CoP) of Vehicles for Emission as per Central Motor Vehicle Rules 115, 116 and 126,” Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, MoRTH/CMVR/TAP-115/116 (Issue-4), Part-14, Chapter-3, 912-915, https://www.araiindia.com/CMVR_TAP_Documents/Part-14/Part-14_Chapter03.pdf.
- Chugh, S., Kumar, P., and Muralidharan, M. , “Development of Delhi Driving Cycle: A Tool for Realistic Assessment of Exhaust Emissions from Passenger Cars in Delhi,” SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0877, 2012, doi:https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0877.
- Shi, T., Zhao, F., Hao, H., and Liu, Z. , “Costs, Benefits and Range: Application of Lightweight Technology in Electric Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0724, 2019, doi:https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0724.
- Moffat, R.J. , “Contributions to the Theory of Single-Sample Uncertainty Analysis,” Transactions of the ASME 104:250, June 1982.
- Moffat, R.J. , “Describing the Uncertainties in Experimental Results,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 1:3-17, 1988.
- Sahoo, B., Sahoo, N., and Saha, U. , “Dual Fuel Performance Studies of a Small Diesel Engine Using Green Fuels,” Applied Mechanics and Materials 668(110-116):2101-2108, 2011.
- Lee, B., Oh, H., Han, S., Woo, S. et al. , “Development of High-Efficiency Gasoline Engine with Thermal Efficiency over 42%,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2229, 2017, doi:https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2229.
- Lairenlakpam, R., Jain, A.K., Gupta, P., Kamei, W. et al. , “Effect of Real World Driving and Different Drive Modes on Vehicle Emissions and Fuel Consumption,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-5017 , 2018. https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-5017.
- Nesamani, K.S. and Subramanian, K.P. , “Impact of Real-World Driving Characteristics on Vehicular Emissions,” Chennai, India, UCI-ITS-WP-05-5, December 2005.