Cadillac’s first-ever XT6 will offer one of the segment’s strongest rosters of standard features and safety and driver assistance technologies, with a starting price of $53,690 (including destination charge)1, for the Premium Luxury FWD model, the company announced last week.
The lineup also includes the XT6 Sport, with standard Sport Control AWD, which starts at $58,090 (including destination charge), Cadillac stated.
“The XT6 is designed to make every seat the best seat in the house, with every inch carefully considered to offer refinement, comfort, connectivity and safety,” said Steve Carlisle, Cadillac president. “With its host of standard features and two expressions of the signature Cadillac experience, XT6 will offer customers a high level of content with choices for style and driving character.”
Bright Galvano exterior accents distinguish the Premium Luxury model, while the XT6 Sport is defined by gloss black accents and more aggressive, performance-inspired details. Both models feature advanced lighting technology, including vertically emphasized LED signatures.
The XT6’s rewarding balance of responsiveness and driving refinement is uniquely reflected in each of the models. A greater emphasis on road isolation is placed on the Premium Luxury, while a greater feeling of agility is dialed into the Sport’s chassis tuning. Standard features for both XT6 Premium Luxury and Sport models include:
Safety and driver assistance features
Seven standard airbags: Dual-stage frontal airbags for the driver and front passenger; seat-mounted side-impact airbags for the driver and front passenger; knee airbag for the driver; and roof rail-mounted head-curtain airbags for outboard positions of all three seating rows
- HD Rear Vision Camera with Remote Wash
- Forward Collision Alert
- Following Distance Indicator
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Safety Alert Seat
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Teen Driver
Design, craftsmanship & convenience
- Choose from exotic wood finishes like Black Olive Ash or Carbon Fiber trim with ombré finish
- Bi-functional LED headlamps with IntelliBeam, LED daytime running lamps and LED taillamps
- 20-inch wheels
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt/telescope function
- UltraView power sunroof with power sunshade
- Seven-passenger seating (six-passenger with second-row captain’s chairs available)
- Power-folding third-row seat and remote fold-down feature for the second-row seat
Rotary controller with Cadillac-first jog function
- Over-the-air vehicle software updates
- NFC phone pairing
- Wireless charging for compatible phones4
- Apple CarPlay5 and Android Auto6 compatibility
- Six USB ports7 (two Type A and four Type C), one SD card slot and two 12-volt power outlets
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot (includes 3GB or three months of data, whichever comes first)8
- Cadillac Connected Access9, with 10 years of standard connectivity which enables services such as vehicle diagnostics, dealer maintenance notification, Cadillac Smart Driver, Marketplace and more
- An available Enhanced Visibility and Technology Package11 builds on the standard safety and driver assistance features and other technologies, adding: an 8-inch-diagonal color gauge cluster display, color Head-Up Display, Rear Camera Mirror, Rear Camera Mirror Washer, HD Surround Vision, Surround Vision Recorder, Rear Pedestrian Alert and Automatic Parking Assist with Braking.
- Additionally, the available Driver Assist Package11 adds Adaptive Cruise Control – Advanced, Automatic Seat Belt Tightening and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. Night Vision11 is also available.
According to Cadillac, all models in North America are powered by a 3.6L V6 rated at 310 horsepower and featuring direct injection, Active Fuel Management and Stop/Start technologies. It is matched with a nine-speed automatic transmission controlled via Cadillac’s Electronic Precision Shift, which uses electronic controls in place of a conventional mechanical linkage.
All-wheel drive is available on Premium Luxury and a performance-oriented Sport Control AWD system is standard on XT6 Sport. The Sport model also features standard Continuous Damping Control (CDC) Active Sport Chassis suspension to deliver greater control and agility, Cadillac stated.
Cadillac will begin accepting orders of the 2020 XT6 this month. Customers can find more information about the XT6 by clicking the link below.
Matt De Reno is SAE MOBILUS web portal manager at SAE International. His interests include automated and connected vehicles, micromobility, smart cities, and automotive cybersecurity.Cadillac.com