Stapp Car Crash Journal Vol. 64, 2020
- ISBN 978-0-9911333-7-6
- 327 pages
This title includes the technical papers developed for the 2020 Stapp Car Crash Conference, the premier forum for the presentation of research in impact biomechanics, human injury tolerance, and related fields, advancing the knowledge of land-vehicle crash injury protection.
The conference provides an opportunity to participate in open discussion about the causes and mechanisms of injury, experimental methods and tools for use in impact biomechanics research, and the development of new concepts for reducing injuries and fatalities in automobile crashes.
The topics covered this year include:
- Variations in User Implementation of the CORA Rating Metric
- Analysis of Kinematic Response of Pediatric Occupants Seated in Naturalistic Positions in Simulated Frontal Small Offset Impacts: With and Without Automatic Emergency Braking
- Evaluation of Rotation Reduction Features in Infant and Extended-Use Convertible Child Restraint Systems during Frontal and Rear Impacts
- Biomechanical Responses and Injury Assessment of Post Mortem Human Subjects in Various Rear-Facing Seating Configurations
- Geometrical and Mechanical Characterization of the Abdominal Fold of Obese Post Mortem Human Subjects for Use in Human Body Modelling
- Effects of Technology on Drivers' Behavior during Backing Maneuvers
- Application of Deep Learning Methods for Pedestrian Collision Detection Using Dashcam Videos