Advanced GD&T Competencies: Composite Positioning
Many samples will be shown of the proper tolerancing of patterns of holes and pins that use each method. Examples and exercises will be provided to allow participants to practice several calculations. Learning these advanced techniques will permit better communication of part and assembly requirements between designers and manufacturers.
What Will You Learn
- Explain composite positioning tolerancing
- Explain two single-segment tolerancing
- Apply the appropriate callout based on functional requirements
- Describe gages for each and calculate gage sizes
Is This Course For You
*Global toll-free telephone numbers are provided for many countries outside the U.S., but are limited to those on the WebEx call-in toll-free number list. Check here to see if your country has a global call-in toll free telephone number for this web seminar. If your country is not listed, you may still connect using the US/Canada Call-in toll number or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Although WebEx Training Manager will automatically launch when you join the web seminar, you or your system administrator are encouraged to download the plug-in in advance to help ensure successful setup. Click here, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Brief review of position and bonus tolerance
- Explanation of composite tolerancing
- The need to control orientation vs. location
- Adding secondary and tertiary datums to the lower tolerance
- Two single-segment position tolerancing
- Functional gaging and CMM gaging perspectives