Catalytic NOx Control Technologies for Diesel and GDI Engines
This three session web seminar will examine the various catalytic processes for lean burn applications, including Selective Catalytic NOx Reduction (SCR), NOx Trap Technologies (i.e. LNT, NSR), and the combination of SCR, NOx Trap and Hydrocarbon NOx Reduction (LNC). It will focus in on SCR NOx fundamentals, equipping participants with the basic concepts for NOx control and important design parameters for SCR NOx catalyst. The course will examine the system design for SCR in diesel applications including passenger cars and heavy duty trucks, including SCR catalysts, SCR integration with diesel particulate filter, key sensor development catalyst durability issues and urea control.
What Will You Learn
- Define NOx catalysis and identify key acronyms
- Describe in-use issues
- Cite key elements in NOx catalyst design for diesel applications
- Define SCR design for passenger cars and heavy duty applications
- Identify available sensors for SCR catalyst performance monitoring
- Determine where lean NOx traps may be appropriate versus SCR NOx control
Is This Course For You
Participants should have a basic familiarity with automotive emissions for gasoline engines, diesel engines or off-road applications.
*Global toll-free telephone numbers are provided for many countries outside the U.S., but are limited to those on the WebEx call-in toll-free number list. Check here to see if your country has a global call-in toll free telephone number for this web seminar. If your country is not listed, you may still connect using the US/Canada Call-in toll number or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Although WebEx Training Manager will automatically launch when you join the web seminar, you or your system administrator are encouraged to download the plug-in in advance to help ensure successful setup. Click here, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Lean NOx Catalysis
- NOx reduction catalytic approaches
- Lean NOx reduction fundamentals
- Hydrocarbon NOx reduction (LNC)
- NOx traps technologies (LNT, NSR or NAC)
- SCR Cataytic NOx reduction (ammonia based)
- Combination SCR/NOx traps
SCR NOx Catalyst
- SCR NOx catalytic approaches (Vanadia and Zeolite)
- Performance characteristics of SCR NOx catalysts (Vanadia and Zeolite)
- Comparison of commercial issues with lean NOx traps and SCR
SCR Catalyst Design Mobile Applications
- Passenger cars
- Heavy duty systems
- Auxiliary equipment design
- Sensor performance
- Catalyst durability