Managing Cybersecurity Risks Using ISO/SAE 21434
Applying the new ISO/SAE 21434 Standard? This introductory course outlines the methods specified to assess cybersecurity risk to a road vehicle product in the context of ISO/SAE 21434. This risk-based methodology is a modular component of additional topics in the standard and a necessary concept to comprehend.
Managing Cybersecurity Risks Using ISO/SAE 21434 explains the methods and logic behind the standard and focuses on risk assessment as a basic principle that must be applied in all other areas of 21434. The course introduces risk terminology and provides a step-by-step method to collect information on a product to assess the risk of harm to a product’s stakeholders through cyber-capabilities. It also outlines the Threat Agent Risk Assessment (TARA) tool and describes methods for implementing a TARA to report risk when making decisions detailed in other aspects of ISO/SAE 21434. *Please note, this course does not replace the need to become familiar with the ISO/SAE 21434 standard, it supplements it.
What Will You Learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the work products introduced in ISO/SAE 21434
- Describe the taxonomy of the work products introduced in the standard, including the relationships of each
- Describe how the work products described in ISO/SAE 21434 are applied in daily operations
- Utilize the tools introduced in ISO/SAE 21434
Is This Course For You
This course is geared towards electrical and software engineers, as well as engineers that are directly or indirectly tied to cybersecurity. It would also be appropriate for functional safety managers, product planners, designers, implementers, testers, operations analysts, regulators, and other managers.
ISO/SAE 21434 Standard is included with this course.
- Windows or macOS
- Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari (Other OSs and browsers including mobile devices are not supported by may work)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum