Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for Robust Design Case Study
FMEA is an essential part of any product design or redesign. An FMEA requires that a dedicated team take a step-by-step, proactive approach to identifying and analyzing all potential failure modes in a product or service. Completing an FMEA can dramatically improve product performance and reduce manufacturing issues at the component, system, and processing level.
This interactive FMEA case study gives you an opportunity to work through the process as an engineer develops an FMEA. From receiving the assignment to creating an FMEA, you?ll discover how to gain essential knowledge, organize a team, and then work with that team to create the FMEA. You?ll explore the goal and assumptions of an FMEA, review the different types of FMEAs, and acquire details of what should be listed in each column of the FMEA form. You?ll test your knowledge as you guide the team leader in his decisions, and you?ll gain insights into how a successful FMEA is created.
What Will You Learn
- Explain the application of the five types of FMEAs
- Apply the FMEA process as both a product risk management and improvement techniques
- List the steps to selecting, organizing, and managing an effective FMEA team
- State the relationship between Product Development, Voice of the Customer (VoC) and the FMEA process
- Adapt the steps to generate an FMEA process to your specific company needs, including customization of the FMEA S-O-D and Risk Ranking tables
- Assign effective recommended actions and plan effective follow-up
Is This Course For You
The course was designed for individuals who will lead, participate on, or manage an FMEA team.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Prefer live, instructor-led training? Consider the FMEA for Robust Design: What, Why, When and How web seminar.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the five hour presentation
- Online learning assessment (submit to SAE)
- A job aid for practical application of the topics covered
- Follow-up to your content questions
- 0.6 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37, Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported but may work)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
- Overview of modules
- Course Objectives
- Expectations and SME
- Project Assignment
- Questions and Answers
- Benefits of FMEA
- Types of FMEAs
- FMEA Process Hierarchy
- Team Organization
- Team Kickoff
- FMEA Form Header
- Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Columns 1 - 3
- Columns 4-8
- Columns 9-19
|Training / Education||Introduction to FMEA: What, Why, When and How|
|Metallurgy Online Course||Wrought Aluminum Metallurgy|
|Technical Paper||Reliability and Failure Mode Considerations for Electrical Distribution Systems|