Introduction to Weibull Solution Methods
Weibull Analysis is the starting point for solving most issues related to product reliability, maintainability, supportability, quality, safety, test planning, and cost control. Weibull Analysis is popular worldwide as the best method for modeling and predicting variability and failure of designs, products, and systems. Instructor Wes Fulton will provide a solid overview of Weibull Solution Methods including an explanation of 16 additional Weibull Analysis capabilities, or Weibull Extensions. This introductory short course should be considered a prerequisite for participation in a Weibull project or for attending additional SAE training that covers advanced Weibull applications.
What Will You Learn
By participating in this eLearning course, you'll be able to:
- Determine whether or not the available data is appropriate for a Weibull solution
- Discuss the background and explain the benefits of Weibull solution methods
- Create, interpret and evaluate the correctness of a Weibull plot
- Distinguish between an infant mortality failure issue and a wearout failure issue
- Forecast events under different maintenance strategies
- Determine pass/fail criteria in designing a test program
- Explain 16 additional Weibull analysis capabilities, called Weibull Extensions and locate additional resources
Is This Course For You
This course is designed for technical personnel and engineers who want to discover the best toolset for continuous improvement at their organization or business. The course will benefit those in any industry including automotive, aerospace, electrical/electronic, transportation, design, manufacturing, test planning, warranty, reliability, quality, liability, value engineering, and management, among others. This course is appropriate for anyone who needs an awareness of Weibull’s basic premises and benefits as well as those who need this foundational knowledge as a prerequisite for additional training toward becoming an expert Weibull practitioner.
If you are seeking a more comprehensive course, consider attending the Weibull-Log Normal Workshop in a three-day classroom setting, led by instructor Wes Fulton.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the 75 minute presentation
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Online learning assessment (submit to SAE)
- Job aid for practical application of the topics covered
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .2 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37, Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported but may work)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
|Technical Paper||Automatic Generation of a Diagnostic Expert System from Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Information|
|Technical Paper||Using DMFEA to Drive Accelerated Testing|