Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
To become a preferred supplier in the automotive industry, organizations must demonstrate high-level engineering/organizational capabilities that meet customers' needs. The outcome of a product development project may determine whether an organization procures a PO or contract from a global automotive customer. This is an overview of the best practices/methodologies for planning/managing the successful launch of a new product.
The difficult task is how to take ideas and develop them into a viable product design, manufacture the designed product, and distribute and sell the product. The APQP process and management and implementation of the process is critical to the product development multi-disciplinary team.
What Will You Learn
By participating in this on-demand course, you'll be able to:
- Explain what APQP is, including its purpose and the goals of an effective APQP process
- Identify the impacts and benefits that an effective APQP process has on both the customer and the supplier
- Describe how an APQP process can be integrated into an organization\'s business management system
- Describe the contents of a \'Master Plan\' for new product introduction, which includes an outline of the inputs and outputs of the various phases of the APQP process
- Explain how APQP leads to continual improvement for the organization and for customer satisfaction
Is This Course For You
Participants in the Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) eLearning course will gain a \'common-sense\' perspective for successful new product launches and what needs to be done to comply with automotive customer specific requirements. You will also understand how to apply the concepts of \'front-end\' planning (via the APQP process) that will result in continual improvement of products and services for both the customer and the supplying organization. This course is relevant to individuals with limited or general knowledge of the APQP process and some experience with introducing new products or new manufacturing processes.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the one hour presentation
- A printable summary of the key takeways from each lesson
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Instructor follow-up to your content questions
- 0.2 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37, Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported but may work)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
|Instructor-Led Training||Out-Innovate the Competition|
|Instructor-Led Training||Overview of AS6500, Manufacturing Management Program|