Advanced GD&T Competencies: Composite Positioning Web Seminar RePlay
Many samples will be shown of the proper tolerancing of patterns of holes and pins that use each method. Examples and exercises will be provided to allow participants to practice several calculations. Learning these advanced techniques will permit better communication of part and assembly requirements between designers and manufacturers.
What Will You Learn
- Explain composite positioning tolerancing
- Explain two single-segment tolerancing
- Apply the appropriate callout based on functional requirements
- Describe gages for each and calculate gage sizes
Is This Course For You
This advanced-level course is intended for designers, product engineers, manufacturing engineers, manufacturing personnel, and quality/gaging inspectors with a basic knowledge of GD&T concepts. It is a companion to the Advanced GD&T Competencies: Profile of a Surface and Datum Usage web seminars.Prerequisites
For those new to GD&T, the Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing Web Seminar is a recommended prerequisite.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase)
- One and one half hours of instructor-delivered content
- Course workbook (downloadable, .pdf's)
- Online learning assessment
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .15 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37, Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
- Brief review of position and bonus tolerance
- Explanation of composite tolerancing
- The need to control orientation vs. location
- Adding secondary and tertiary datums to the lower tolerance
- Two single-segment position tolerancing
- Functional gaging and CMM gaging perspectives
|Webinar Recordings||Advanced GD&T Competencies: Profile of a Surface Web Seminar RePlay|
|Webinar Recordings||Advanced GD&T Competencies: Datum Usage Web Seminar RePlay|
|Webinar Recordings||Introduction to Design Review Based on Failure Modes (DRBFM) Web Seminar RePlay|