Catalytic NOx Control Technologies for Diesel & GDI Engines Web Seminar RePlay
This three session web seminar will examine the various catalytic processes for lean burn applications, including Selective Catalytic NOx Reduction (SCR), NOx Trap Technologies (i.e. LNT, NSR), and the combination of SCR, NOx Trap and Hydrocarbon NOx Reduction (LNC). It will focus in on SCR NOx fundamentals, equipping participants with the basic concepts for NOx control and important design parameters for SCR NOx catalyst. The course will examine the system design for SCR in diesel applications including passenger cars and heavy duty trucks, including SCR catalysts, SCR integration with diesel particulate filter, key sensor development catalyst durability issues and urea control.
What Will You Learn
- Define NOx catalysis and identify key acronyms
- Describe in-use issues
- Cite key elements in NOx catalyst design for diesel applications
- Define SCR design for passenger cars and heavy duty applications
- Identify available sensors for SCR catalyst performance monitoring
- Determine where lean NOx traps may be appropriate versus SCR NOx control
Is This Course For You
This web seminar will be especially valuable for mechanical, metallurgical and chemical engineers, materials scientists, and chemists involved in the design, operation and calibration of a NOx emission control system for both mobile and stationary source applications, such as automobiles, trucks, buses, ships, locomotives, stationary engines, small engines, etc. It will also help the newly hired engineer assigned to an emission control team, the seasoned veteran who just transferred to the emission control group, sales people responsible for emission controls, plant managers concerned about meeting new regulations with catalytic controls, and regulators now involved in transmission technologies. Participants should have a basic familiarity with automotive emissions for gasoline engines, diesel engines or off-road applications.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the approximately six hour recorded presentation
- Course workbook (downloadable, .pdf's)
- Online learning assessment
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .6 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37 , Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
Lean NOx Catalysis
- NOx reduction catalytic approaches
- Lean NOx reduction fundamentals
- Hydrocarbon NOx reduction (LNC)
- NOx traps technologies (LNT, NSR or NAC)
- SCR Cataytic NOx reduction (ammonia based)
- Combination SCR/NOx traps
SCR NOx Catalyst
- SCR NOx catalytic approaches (Vanadia and Zeolite)
- Performance characteristics of SCR NOx catalysts (Vanadia and Zeolite)
- Comparison of commercial issues with lean NOx traps and SCR
SCR Catalyst Design Mobile Applications
- Passenger cars
- Heavy duty systems
- Auxiliary equipment design
- Sensor performance
- Catalyst durability