Tolerance Stack-up Fundamentals Web Seminar RePlay
Analysis of tolerance stacks varies widely. This web seminar introduces the basic tools to create a common methodology for tolerance stack-ups, and ensure seamless documentation. Participants will create 1-D tolerance stacks for parts and assemblies that use geometric dimensioning and tolerancing using a tolerance stack spreadsheet. This simple, manual spreadsheet method produces an easily interpreted and checked documentation trail, and is easily adaptable to common electronic spreadsheet programs. Multiple examples will be provided to assist engineers in applying tolerance stack-up fundamentals to Y14.5 issues.
What Will You Learn
- Perform and develop a tolerance stack-up analysis
- Correctly enter geometric feature control frame data into a tolerance stack
- Apply a common step-by-step methodology to tolerance stack analysis
Is This Course For You
Engineers familiar with concepts and practices contained within Y14.5 and who are looking for a fundamental step-by-step process for getting geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) into a tolerance stack will benefit from this course. A basic understanding of GD&T symbols and concepts is required.
This course satisfies a requirement in the Product Engineering Tools and Methods Certificate Program.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase)
- Six hours of instructor-delivered content
- Course workbook (downloadable, .pdf's)
- Online learning assessment
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .6 CEUs* (upon completion of all course modules and satisfactory assessment score)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows or macOS
- Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari (Other OSs and browsers including mobile devices are not supported by may work)
- Broadband-3Mbps minimum
- Introduction and tolerancing review
- Tolerancing strategies
- Review of G D & T
- How to identify the stack path
- The two-column stack spreadsheet
- Entering dimensions into the spreadsheet
- Examples with coordinate dimensions
- Location and runout tolerances
- Profile tolerances
- Form and orientation tolerances
- Overview of bonus and shift tolerance
- Part vs. assembly stacks
|Training / Education||Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) Web Seminar RePlay|