Global 8D (G8D) is a disciplined process developed by Ford Motor Company to help product development and manufacturing engineers identify and solve problems. Solving problems results in efficient, as well as effective, resolution to "root causes" of customer satisfaction issues, and helps reduce warranty costs.
With this two-hour online course, you will learn the methods and tools used to complete each step in the Ford Global 8D find-and-fix problem-solving process, including steps to define the problem, verify the root cause and escape point, and prevent occurrence. The course is designed to provide you with the analytical and procedural information you need to understand, describe, and participate in the G8D problem-solving process as a team member. While certain Ford proprietary information has been removed from the course, it contains essentially the same content that engineers from Ford and select suppliers have benefitted from taking.
The estimated time to completion is three hours, including active participation in case studies using a limited edition version of Prism Quality"s Global 8D software application.
What Will You Learn
- Describe each step in the G8D process
- Identify the types of problems best resolved using the G8D problem-solving method
- Participate as an effective G8D team member
- Apply Global 8D problem-solving methods as a G8D team member
- Use G8D process support tools and the G8D web application
Is This Course For You
This course is geared toward quality, manufacturing, and product development engineers. It is recommended that you have an engineering degree and experience in the automotive engineering field.
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive manufacturer with an extensive Engineering Learning & Development organization that supports its global footprint within the Product Development, Research and Advanced Engineering, Purchasing, and Quality teams. Ford designs and deliver world-class learning solutions, fueling technical excellence to design Smart Vehicles for a Smart World.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the two-hour presentation
- Access to Prism Quality's Global 8D Limited Edition software for practice case studies (some exclusions may apply)
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Online learning assessment
- 0.2 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37, Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
- Global 8D Overview
- Prepare for Global 8D and Establish the Team
- Describe the Problem and Find the Root Cause
- Choose and Implement a Permanent Corrective Action (PCA)
- Complete the Global 8D
|Professional Development||Out-Innovate the Competition|
|Professional Development||Doing the Right Things Right|
|Professional Development||The Pillars of Leadership|