DO-326A and ED-202A: An Introduction to the New and Mandatory Aviation Cyber-Security Essentials
The international standards D-326A (U.S.) and ED-202A (Europe) titled "Airworthiness Security Process Specification" are the cornerstones of the "DO-326/ED-202 Set" and they are the only Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) by FAA & EASA for aviation cyber-security airworthiness certification, as of 2019. The "DO-326/ED-202 Set" also includes companion documents DO-356A/ED-203A: "Airworthiness Security Methods and Considerations" & DO-355/ED-204: "Information Security Guidance for Continuing Airworthiness" (U.S. & Europe) and ED-201: "Aeronautical Information System Security (AISS) Framework Guidance" & ED-205: "Process Standard for Security Certification / Declaration of Air Traffic Management / Air Navigation Services (ATM/ANS) Ground Systems“ (Europe only).
This two-day seminar will introduce attendees to industry best practices for real-world aviation cyber-security risk-assessment, development & assurance. This seminar presents the information necessary to help minimize DO-326/ED-202-set compliance risks and costs, while also optimizing cyber-security levels for the development, deployment & in-service phases. The instructor will guide attendees through topics such as aircraft security aspects of safety, systems-approach to security, security planning, the airworthiness security process, and security effectiveness assurance. The entire ecosystem of aviation avionics software development will be revisited to include the DO-326/ED-202-Set as a new, integral member of the "classic" safety-oriented development process including the SAE standards ARP-4761 for Safety & ARP-4754A for Systems Development, and software & hardware development standards DO-178C & DO-254, respectively.
What Will You Learn
- Combine IT & OT cyber-security definitions, methods & considerations and relate them to aviation
- Identify the background, references & processes that conceived the DO-326/ED-202-set and keep updating it, & the components & inter-relations of which it comprises
- Integrate the DO-326/ED-202-set into the avionics development & certification processes
- Apply DO-326/ED-202-set components, processes, steps, activities & objectives
- Devise practical cyber-security certification strategies for avionics initial Airworthiness, modifications, COTS/pre-certified items selection and continued airworthiness
- Prepare for upcoming FAA/EASA Aviation cyber-security mandates & recommendations.