AS9100:2016 Rev D: Understanding the Requirements
Individuals responsible for quality management system, implementation, and auditing to the AS9100:2016 series of standards for Aviation, Space, and Defense will require an understanding of the requirements for the preparation and execution of the audit process as defined in these revised standards. Management and implementers of AS9100:2016 Rev. D within these organizations must also be aware of what these requirements mean for their company. A thorough understanding of the process approach to auditing as required by the standard and the Certification Body requirements will have a direct impact on the outcome of the QMS audit as companies look to AS9100 Rev. D.
This two-day seminar will begin with an in-depth review of changes in AS9100 Rev. D: Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations and the intent of the revised requirements. Included is a detailed discussion of the AS9100 standard, with special emphasis on the process approach, Annex SL high level structure, risk-based thinking versus risk management, product safety, counterfeit parts, and human factors. Additionally, AS9101 Rev D: Quality Management Systems Audit Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations and AS9104-1: Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Quality Management System Certification Programs will be examined so that individuals responsible for AS9100 Rev. D implementation understand the system and audit requirements and the immediate influence these changes will have on their certificate transition.
What Will You Learn
By attending this seminar you will be able to :
- Summarize the International Aviation, Space & Defense standards change process and why changes to the standards were required.
- Identify key changes between AS9100 Rev. C and Rev. D and how these changes will impact an organization's certificate transition.
- Identify the requirements of AS9100:2016 Rev. D with emphasis on the process approach, Annex SL high level structure, risk-based thinking versus risk management, product safety, counterfeit parts, and human factors.
- Identify and understand AS9101:2016 Rev. F Audit Requirements for conducting and reporting audits and the impact these requirements will have on organizations and implementers involved in transitioning to AS9100:2016 Rev. D.
- Identify key components of AS9104-1 Certification Process Overview and the influence this standard will have in the transition and certification process.
Is This Course For You
This seminar is intended for Aviation, Space and Defense industry professionals who desire a detailed understanding of the requirements of AS9100 Rev. D in order to manage, implement, and perform internal audits to the standards. Additionally, trainers, consultants, and other individuals that maintain a significant interest in AS9100 standards will benefit from the information presented in this seminar.
- Overview of AS&D Standards
- Rationale for changes and the revision process
- AS9100:2016 Rev D Changes Overview
- AS9100:2016 Rev D Detailed Discussion
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation
- AS9100:2016 Rev D Detailed Discussion (continued)
- AS9101:2016 Rev F
- Aviation, Space & Defense 3rd Party Auditing Focus
- Enhanced audit processes
- Process based management systems
- Phases of the audit process
- Customer focus and feedback
- Conformity AND effectiveness
- Forms and their impact: Non Conformity Report (NCR); Objective Evidence Record (OER); Process Effectiveness Assessment Report (PEAR)
- AS&D AS9104/1 Certification Process Overview
- Summary of Certification Body requirements and expectations: NCR requirements; audit day table; audit report generation