Electrohydraulic Servovalves in Flight Control and Utility Actuators
This four-hour short course intends to present an overview of electrohydraulic flow control servovalves commonly used in flight control and utility actuators. The scope of this course covers the history and design of servovalves, as well as their most common performance characteristics. This course will provide participants an understanding of the application of electrohydraulic servovalves in hydraulically powered actuators and preparation of the servovalve procurement specification.
What Will You Learn
- Recognize differences between various types of electrohydraulic servovalves.
- Understand terminology specific to electrohydraulic servovalves.
- Identify key performance characteristics.
- Evaluate effects of the servovalve characteristics on performance of a control actuator.
- Prepare design specification for electrohydraulic servovalve.
- Overview of Electrohydraulic Servovalves
- History of development of servovalves
- Control function (flow vs. pressure control)
- Architecture (single vs. two-stage)
- Servovalve Specific Terminology
- Electrical characteristics
- Steady-state performance characteristics
- Dynamic performance characteristics
- Specification Considerations
- Typical Requirements
- Effects of tolerances
- Test methods and equipment
- Quality assurance considerations