Implementing AS9100: Understanding and Transitioning to the New Requirements
Individuals responsible for quality management system, implementation, and transition to the AS9100:2009 series of standards for Aviation, Space, and Defense will require an understanding of the requirements for the preparation and execution of the audit process as defined in these revised standards. Management and implementers of AS9100:2009 Rev. C within these organizations must also be aware of what these changes may mean for their company. A thorough understanding of the process approach to auditing as required by the standard and the Certification Body requirements will have a direct impact on the outcome of the QMS audit as companies look to transition their certificate to AS9100 Rev. C.
This two-day seminar will begin with an in-depth review of changes in AS9100 Rev. C: Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations and the intent of the revised requirements. Included is a detailed discussion of the standard, with special emphasis on the process approach, project planning, risk management, configuration management, and work transfer. Additionally, AS9101 Rev D: Quality Management Systems Audit Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations and AS9104-1: Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Quality Management System Certification Programs will be examined so that individuals responsible for AS9100 Rev. C implementation understand the system and audit requirements and the immediate influence these changes will have on their certificate transition.
What Will You Learn
- Summarize the International Aviation, Space & Defense standards change process and why changes to the standards were required.
- Identify key changes between AS9100 Rev. B and Rev. C and how these changes will impact an organization's certificate transition.
- Identify the requirements of AS9100:2009 Rev. C with emphasis on the process approach, project planning, risk management, configuration management, and work transfer.
- Identify and understand AS9101:2010 Rev. D Audit Requirements for conducting and reporting audits and the impact these requirements will have on organizations and implementers involved in transitioning to Rev. C.
- Identify key components of AS9104-1 Certification Process Overview and the influence this standard will have in the transition and certification process.
Is This Course For You
- Overview of AS&D Standards
- Rationale for changes and the revision process
- AS9100:2009 Rev C Changes Overview
- AS9100:2009 Rev C Detailed Discussion
- Quality Management System and the Process Approach
- Management Responsibility with emphasis on Customer Focus
- Resource Management
- Product Realization with emphasis on: project management; risk management; configuration management; work transfer
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- AS9100:2009 Rev C Detailed Discussion (continued)
- AS9101:2010 Rev D
- Aviation, Space & Defense 3rd Party Auditing Focus
- Enhanced audit processes
- Process based management systems
- Phases of the audit process
- Customer focus and feedback
- Conformity AND effectiveness
- New forms and their impact: Non Conformity Report (NCR); Objective Evidence Record (OER); Process Effectiveness Assessment Report (PEAR)
- AS&D AS9104/1 Certification Process Overview
- Summary of Certification Body requirements and expectations: NCR requirements; audit day table; audit report generation