Controller Area Network (CAN) for Vehicle Applications
The Controller Area Network has become the standard of choice for most automotive manufacturers. Approved for use as an ISO and EPA diagnostic network, its usage continues to grow. This seminar covers the theory and use of the CAN protocol, and its applications in the automotive industry.
Details on how the CAN protocol and other standards (J2411, J2284, J1939, ISO 11898, etc.) complement each other will be presented. Attendees will learn about CAN application layers; the latest J1939, J2284, J2411, and IDB standards, regulations, and implementation requirements; and details of device hardware and software interfaces. Also presented will be demonstrations using system development tools. The SAE standard, J1939 Recommended Practice for a Serial Control and Communications Vehicle Network, is included in the course materials.
What Will You Learn
- Explain CAN protocol.
- Demonstrate how CAN is used in various automotive applications.
- Employ CAN-related standards and specifications.
Is This Course For You
- In-vehicle market overview
- General network topology overview
- CAN protocol
- CAN controller programming
- CAN physical layers
- Overview of J2411, J2284, IDB, J1939, Diagnostics on CAN, etc.
- J1939 in-depth review
- IDB in-depth review