This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Hydrogen Engine for a Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Published October 20, 1998 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
Hybrid vehicle with hydrogen fueled engine is feasible to be a competitor to the fuel cell electric vehicle which is thought to be the ultimate clean and efficient vehicle. In this research, contributors to thermal efficiency of a hydrogen fueled engine were examined and optimized for series type hybrid vehicle system. Results showed an improvement of brake thermal efficiency from 30.5% to 35.5% and low NOx exhaust emission below 10 ppm over the wide range of operation.
- Toyoki Iguchi - Musashi Institute of Technology
- Tomoaki Numata - Musashi Institute of Technology
- Masaru Hiruma - Musashi Institute of Technology
- Kimitaka Yamane - Musashi Institute of Technology
- Yasuo Nakajima - Musashi Institute of Technology
- Shoichi Furuhama - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Yasuo Takagi - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.