This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advances in Catalyst Technology for Light Duty Diesels for South American and European Emission Levels
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 09, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The drive towards improved fuel economy and lower emissions for Diesel vehicles requires the development of catalysts capable of converting not only carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrocarbon (HC), but also particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) in a lean exhaust environment.
This paper reviews the approaches that are being considered for this purpose, for light duty Diesels, together with factors that may influence catalyst performance such as components in the fuel and quality of the lubricant.
CitationWilkins, A., Twigs, M., Chandler, G., and Phillips, P., "Advances in Catalyst Technology for Light Duty Diesels for South American and European Emission Levels," SAE Technical Paper 982950, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982950.
- Walsh M. P. Global Trends in Diesel Emissions Control - A 1998 Update SAE 1998 980186
- U.K. Research Programme on the Characterisation of Vehicle Particulate Emissions ETSU September 1997
- Bartlett C. J. S. The Influence of Diesel Fuel Sulphur Content on Particulate Emissions 1990 I.Mech.E. C394 /019
- Ketcher D. A Horrocks R. W. The Effect of Fuel Sulphur on Diesel Particulate Emissions when using Oxidation Catalysts 1990 I.Mech.E.
- Beckmann R. Engeler W. Mueller E. Engeler B. H. Leyrer J. Lox E. S. Ostgathe K. A New Generation of Diesel Oxidation Catalysts SAE 1992 922330
- Wyatt M. Manning W. A. Roth S. A. D'Aniello M. J. Jr Andersson E. S. Fredholm S. C. G. The Design of Flow-Through Diesel Oxidation Catalysts SAE 1993 930130
- Brisley R. J. Collins N. R. Law D Combined Catalyst Hydrocarbon Trap for Treating Engine Exhaust gas
- Brogan M. S. Will N. S. Twigg M. V. Wilkins A. J. J. Jordan K. Brisley R. J. Advances in DeNOx Catalyst Technology for European Stage IV Emission Levels, Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology October 1997
- Smedler G. Ahlström G. Fredholm S. Frost J. Lööf P. Marsh P. Walker A. Winterborn D. High Performance Diesel Catalysts for Europe Beyond 1996 SAE 1995 950750
- Deebe M. Feeley J. Ferrato R. J. Steinbock N. Punke A Catalytic Abatement of NOx from Diesel Engines; Development of Four Way Catalyst SAE 1995 952491
- Jochheim J. Hesse D. Düsterdiek T. J. Engeler W. Neyer D. Warren J. P. Wilkins A. J. J. Twigg M. V. A Study of the Catalytic Reduction of NOx in Diesel Exhaust SAE 1996 962042
- Iwasaki M. Ikeya N. Itoh M. Itoh M. Yamaguchi H. Development and Evaluation of Catalysts to Remove NOx from Diesel Engine Exhaust Gas SAE 1995 950748
- Peters A. Langer H-J. Jokl B. Müller W. Klein H. Ostgathe K. Catalytic NOx Reduction on a Passenger Car Diesel Common Rail Engine SAE 1998 980191
- Iwamoto M. Yokoo M. Sasaki K. Kagawa S. Catalytic Decomposition of Nitric Oxide over Copper (II) Exchanged Y-Type Zeolites J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans 1981 77 1629
- Held W. König A. Richter T- Puppe L. Catalytic NOx Reduction in Net Oxidising Exhaust Gas SAE 1990 900496
- Iwamoto M. Proceedings of Catalytic Technology for Removal of Nitrogen Monoxide Tokyo 1990 17
- Gandhi H. Shelef M. Catalyst for Treating Exhaust Gas from an Internal Combustion Engine 1980
- Cheeseman R.M. Harris M.N.J. Kashmir B.A.
- Havenith C. Verbeek R. Heaton D. Sloten P. V. Development of a Urea DeNOx Catalyst Concept for European Ultra-Low Emission Heavy Duty Engines SAE 1995 952652
- Havenith C. Verbeek R. Transient Performance of a Urea DeNOx Catalyst for Low Emissions Heavy Duty Diesel Engines SAE 1997 970185
- Cooper B. J. Thoss J. E. Role of NO in Diesel Particulate Emission Control SAE 1989 890404
- Hawker P.N. Diesel Emission Control Technology Platinum Metals Review January 1995 39
- Hawker P. N. Myers N. Hütwohl G. Vogel H. Th. Bates B. Magnusson L. Bonnenberg P. Experience with a New Particulate Trap Technology in Europe SAE 1997 970182
- Hawker P. N. Hütwohl G. Henn J. Koch W. Lüders H. Lüers B. Stommel P. Effect of a Continuously Regenerating Diesel Particulate Filter on Non-Regulated Emissions and Particle Size Distribution SAE 1998 980189
- Herzog P. Diesel Engine Development Routes Towards Very Low Emissions Fourth International Congress on Catalysis and Automotive Pollution Control April 1997
- Hirata M. The Contribution of Engine Oil to Emission Controlled Vehicles Tribology International 1994 27
- Marini M. Florio S. Gommellini C. An Investigation of the Reduction of Lubricating Oil Impact on Diesel Exhaust Emissions SAE 1997 972956