This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Determination of Forming Limit Diagram (FLD) of Steel Sheets
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 29, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The forming limit diagram (FLD) is one of useful parameters for evaluating the formability of sheet metal, and has been currently used in the development of forming processes of autobody panels. Also FLD plays an important role for the prediction of fracture in the analyses by numerical forming simulation. In this paper the influencing factors on FLD were examined experimentally. The experimental results of FLD depend on the experimental conditions such as tool shape and dimension, lubricant, gauge length and measuring preciseness. The effect of straining path on FLD is seemed large, but it is complicated to obtain FLD in complex straining paths experimentally. For efficient application of FLD in tool design and making, and stamping shops, there are still remained some problems to be solved.
|Technical Paper||SAE J1637 Vibration Damping Round Robin Study|
|Technical Paper||Die Wear Severity Diagram and Simulation|
|Technical Paper||An Evaluation of Interface Friction in Different Forming Models for Coated Steel Sheets|
CitationHayashi, H., "Experimental Determination of Forming Limit Diagram (FLD) of Steel Sheets," SAE Technical Paper 982374, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982374.
- Keerler, S. P. Backofen W. A. Trans. ASM Quart. 56-1 1963 25
- Swift, H. W. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 1-1 1952 1
- Hill, R. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 1-1 1952 19
- Marciniak, Z. Kuczynski, K. Intern. J. Mech. Sci. 9-10 1967 609
- Storen, S. Rice, J. R. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 23-6 1975 421
- Keerler, S. P. Eisenbach, E. R. IBEC'97 Proc. Automotive Body Materials 29 1997 47
- Takashina, K. et al. la metallurgia italiana 60-8 1968 757
- Yoshida, K. Abe, K. Miyauchi, K. Nakagawa, T. 60-8 1968 685
- Nakazima, K. Kikuma, T. Hasuka, K Yawata Technical Report , No.264 1968 141
- JSFRG: Handbook on sheet metal forming severity 2nd 1997 39 Nikkan Kogyo Shinbunsha Tokyo, Japan
- Hayashi, H. Usuda, M. Amaike, T. Shiokawa, M. Plastic instability, Proc. Intern. Symposium on plastic instability 1985 13
- Needlman, A. Tvergaard, V. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 25-3 1977 159
- Yamasaki, Y. Proc. JSTP Symposium “FLD” 1997 57