This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Experimental Investigation of Transient Heat Losses to Tank Wall During the Inflator Tank Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 29, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A series of inflator tank tests was carried out to determine the amount of transient heat losses to the tank wall during these tests. The time history data of tank wall temperature, and tank interior gas temperature and pressure, were measured. The tank wall temperature data were analyzed using an inverse heat conduction method to generate the transient heat loss fluxes from the tank gas to the tank wall. The validity of the results are discussed along with the physical reasoning and experimental observations. This is the first part of an effort in a research project to develop a comprehensive heat transfer model to predict the transient heat losses to the tank wall during the inflator tank test.
|Technical Paper||Transient Heating of Air Bag Fabrics: Experiment and Modeling|
|Technical Paper||An Experiment-Based Model of Fabric Heat Transfer and Its Inclusion in Air Bag Deployment Simulations|
CitationKuo, C., Liang, H., Yang, W., Kang, J. et al., "An Experimental Investigation of Transient Heat Losses to Tank Wall During the Inflator Tank Test," SAE Technical Paper 982326, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982326.
- Bellman, R. 1957 DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING Princeton University Press New Jersey
- Kang, J Wang, J. T. 1998 “ISP - An Airbag Inflator Simulation Program,” GM Publication R&D-8763 1998 Proceedings of the 7th ASME Symposium on Crashworthiness, Occupant Protection, and Biomechanics in Transportation Anaheim, CA November 15-20 1998
- Trugillo, D. M. Busby, H. R. 1997 PRACTICAL INVERSE ANALYSIS IN ENGINEERING CRC Press New York
- Wang, J. T. Nefske, D. J. 1988 “A New CAL3D Airbag Inflation Model SAE PAPER No. 880654
- Wang, J. T. 1989 “Recent Advances in Modeling of Pyrotechnic Inflators for Inflatable Restraint Systems,” ASME Publication No. AMD-Vol. 106/BED-Vol. 13 89 93
- Wang, J. T. 1995 “An Analytical Model for an Airbag with a Hybrid Inflator,” ASME Publication No. AMD-Vol. 210/BED-Vol. 30 467 497