This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Life Cycle Inventory of a Generic US Family Sedan Contribution of the Peer Review Process
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 30, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry has noted that the peer review process is a key feature for the advancement of life cycle assessment. The International Organisation for Standardisation has recently provided further guidance and requirements for conducting such reviews in the ISO standard on life cycle assessment (ISO 14040).
This paper outlines the contribution of the peer review process to the Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) of a generic 1500 Kg vehicle that was carried out by United States Automotive Materials Partnership's Life Cycle Assessment Special Topics Group (USAMP/LCA). At the time of writing the final report for this study had not been reviewed, therefore the paper focuses on the overall peer review process, preliminary findings and lessons learned to date.
This paper is one of six SAE publications discussing the results and execution of the USCAR AMP Generic Vehicle LCI. The papers in this series are (Overview of results 982160, 982161, 982162, 982168, 982169, 982170)1.
|Technical Paper||Managing LCI Data Gathering|
|Technical Paper||Data Categories, Data Quality and Allocation Procedures|
|Technical Paper||Bringing Competing Stakeholders to the Life Cycle Table|
CitationBrady, K., "Life Cycle Inventory of a Generic US Family Sedan Contribution of the Peer Review Process," SAE Technical Paper 982170, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982170.
- Fava J. Pomper S 1995 Life cycle critical review! Does it work? Proceedings of the 1995 SAE Total Life Cycle Conference and Exposition Vienna, Austria Society of Automotive Engineers
- Fava J. Veroutis A 1997 Comparative Product Assertions - Requirements and Critical Reviews Proceedings of the 1997 Total Life Cycle Conference- Life Cycle Management and Assessment (Part 1) Auburn Hills, MI Society of Automotive Engineers
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 1997 International Standard 14040. Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - Principles and Framework. Ref
- Klöpffer W. 1997 Peer (Expert) Review in LCA According to SETAC and ISO 14040: Theory and practice. International Journal of LCA 2 4 183 187
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 1993 Guidelines for Life-Cycle Assessment: a “Code of Practice” Pensacola, Florida