This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
EVA Space Suit Glove: Experiences and Main Design Problems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 13, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
During extravehicular activity (EVA) space suit (SS) gloves considerably influences cosmonaut/astronaut productivity. Some generations of EVA SS were developed at «RD&PE ZVEZDA» JSC (Russia). Various types of EVA glove were used for each SS. The paper presents EVA glove evolution: Leonov's glove, Lunar glove, SALUT and MIR gloves.
The development of advanced EVA glove with improved mobility and protection is a key item to meet needs of future space missions: International Space Station, Lunar Base and Martian Expedition etc.
The further evolution of EVA glove design be considered in conclusion.
|Technical Paper||Performance of EVA Suit Soft Flat Pattern Mobility Joints|
|Technical Paper||Development of the Hermes EVA Space Suit Glove|
|Technical Paper||Extravehicular Individual Life Support: A Comparison of American and Russian Systems|
CitationMoiseev, N. and Stoklitsky, A., "EVA Space Suit Glove: Experiences and Main Design Problems," SAE Technical Paper 981632, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/981632.
- Abramov I.P. Severin G.I. Stoklitsky A. Yu. et al. EVA Space Suits and Systems” Moscow 1984
- Alexandrov A.P. Grechka V.D. Tsygankov O.S. “Installation and Repair Work in Space” Kharkov Aviation Institute Kharkov 1990
- Nice D.A. et. al. Development of the Hermes EVA Space Suit Glove Society of Automotive Engineers paper No. 921256 1992
- Kosmo J. et.al. Space Suit Glove Manufacturing Enhancements Society of Automotive Engineers paper No. 932102 ) 1993
- Kosmo J. et. al. Shuttle Space Suit Glove Thermal Protection Society of Automotive Engineers paper No. 941329 ) 1994
- Moiseev N. Naumov S. Stoklitsky A. Filipenkov S. “Assessment of EVA Space Suit Mobility” International Aerospace Congress 1 188 192 Moscow 1994