This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stability Analysis of AC Power Systems with Regulated Electronic Loads
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 21, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Design-oriented stability criteria are developed for ac power systems with regulated electronic loads. The systems are assumed to contain rotating machines as well as regulated solid-state switching power converters. The system models are developed such that the generalized Nyquist and Bode techniques are possible. Then small-disturbance stability criteria are set forth. The stability constraints are simplified and formulated in terms of different subsystem matrix input impedance norms. An example system is analyzed using the proposed techniques. A comparison with time domain simulations and eigenvalue analysis is performed to validate the advanced stability criteria.
CitationBelkhayat, M. and Wasynczuk, O., "Stability Analysis of AC Power Systems with Regulated Electronic Loads," SAE Technical Paper 981265, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/981265.
- Middlebrook R. D. “Input Filter Considerations in Design and Application of Switching regulators,” IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting 1976 366 382
- Krause P. C. Wasynczuk O. Sudhoff S. D. Analysis of Electric Machinery IEEE Press Piscataway, NJ 1995
- MacFarlane A. G. J. Complex Variable Methods for Linear Multivariable Feedback Systems Taylor and Francis Ltd. 1980 0-85066-197-8
- Yao Z. Therond P. G. Davat B. “Frequency Characteristic of AC Power Systems,” Proceedings of IFAC 1993 World Congress 5-443 Sydney, Australia July 1993 18 23
- Decarlo R. A. Linear Systems A State Variable Approach With Numerical Implementation Prentice Hall 1989 0-13-536814-6
- The Math Works, Inc. “Simulink Dynamic System Simulation Software-Users Manual,” Natick, Massachusetts 1993
- Maciejowski J. M. Multivariable Feedback Design Addison-Wesley Publishers Ltd. 1993 0-201-18243-2
- Mitchell and Gauthier Associates “Advanced Continuous Simulation Language Reference Manual,” Concord, Massachusetts 1991
- Kassakian J. G. Schlecht M. F. Verghese G. C. Principles of Power Electronics Addison Wesley 1991 0-201-09689-7
- Wasynczuk O. Sudhoff S. O. Tran T. Clayton D. Hegner H. “A Voltage Control Strategy For Current-Regulated PWM Inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 11 January 1996
- Bose B. K. Power Electronics and Drives Prentice Hall 1986 0-13-686882-7 025