This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise Benefits of Advances in Fan Design for a High Speed Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A methodology is presented to predict the takeoff noise benefits generated by a composite fan rotor of a high speed aircraft. The benefits are evaluated using a computer code EST/BEST (Engine Structures Technology Benefits Estimator). It estimates the benefits at the airplane level of introducing new structures technologies into existing propulsion systems. In the paper, the effect of various fan design parameters on the noise benefits are evaluated. Results obtained show that 15 percent noise reductions are realizable by making the blades from high fiber modules composites.
|Technical Paper||The Background to Propeller Airplane Noise Regulations|
|Technical Paper||Fatigue Testing of Full-Scale All-Composite Aircraft Wings|
|Journal Article||Helicopter Tail Rotor Blade from Composite Materials: An Experience|
CitationChamis, C. and Abumeri, G., "Noise Benefits of Advances in Fan Design for a High Speed Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 981201, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/981201.
- Timnot, Y. M Advanced Airbreathing Propulsion Krieger Publishing Company Malabar, Florida 1996
- Abumeri, G.H. Chamis, C.C T/BEST A Computer Code for Assessing the Benefits of Advanced Aerospace Technologies Elsevier Advances in Engineering Software 28 4 June 1997 June 1997 231 238
- Abumeri, G.H. Chamis, C. C Assessment of Engine Structures Enabling Technology Benefits for High Speed Aircraft 6 th AIAA/NASA/ISSMO Symposium on Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization September 1996 1398 1408
- Abumeri, G. H. Chamis, C. C Benefits of Advanced Structures Technology in Subsonic Propulsion Systems AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS, 38 th Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference AIAA April 1997 2573 2583
- Chamis, C. C Technology Insertion Benefits Assessment in Engines and Aircraft AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS, 38 th Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference AIAA April 1997 2311 2319
- Generazio, E. R. Chamis, C. C. Abumeri, G. H Technology Benefit Estimator (T/BEST) User's Manual December 1994