This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Detection of Transient Noise of Car Interior Using Non-stationary Signal Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method to inspect the rattle generated in a vehicle cabin has been developed. In the method, the waveform of overall in-cabin noise is analyzed using Wigner distribution, a kind of time-frequency analysis, and the rattle component of the waveform is condensed and separated from the background shake noise. Then the rattle component is classified into three levels, strong, middle and not detected, using a neural network. Fuzzy inference is also used to select normal waveform data. Experimental results show that the correct classification ratio of the method is more than 90%, which equals the ability of skilled inspectors.
|Technical Paper||New Acoustic Test Facilities of BMW|
|Technical Paper||Acoustic Effects of Lightweighting in a Sport Utility Vehicle|
|Technical Paper||Optimal Sound Package Design Using Statistical Energy Analysis|
CitationUchida, H. and Ueda, K., "Detection of Transient Noise of Car Interior Using Non-stationary Signal Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 980589, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980589.
- Uchida et al. Transient noise detection method using time-frequency signal analysis (in Japanese) Proc. JSME VS Tech '97 94 97 1997
- Uchida et al. Development of inspection system for vehicle interior transient noise using non-stationary signal analysis (in Japanese) Proc. Autumn Conf. JSAE 976 343 346 1997
- Ito et al. Time-frequency two-dimensional analysis of the simulated and measured signals (The comparisons of some representative methods) (in Japanese) Proc. JSME VS Tech '92 24 29 1992
- Kawaura et al. Conducting time-frequency analysis Wigner distribution Nikkei Electronics 423 163 177 1987
- Kawaura et al. Time-frequency expression of signal by Wigner distribution (in Japanese) Journal of JSAE 42 12 1549 1555 1988
- Ishimitsu et al. Time-frequency analysis of impact sound by means of the discrete pseudo-Wigner distribution (in Japanese) Trans. JSME C-55 520 2999 3002 1989
- Ishimitsu et al. A revised discrete pseudo-Wigner distribution and its application to non-stationary signal analysis (in Japanese) Trans. JSME C-57 535 787 794 1991
- Kitsuki et al. Auto-Wigner distribution analysis of time series (frequency-response analysis and determination of optimum lag-window length) (in Japanese) Trans. JSME C-58 552 2431 2437 1992
- Baillie et al. An artificial neural network fault classifier trained on bearing vibration spectra Proc. Asia-Pacific Vibration Conf. 1880 1885 1993
- Kawabe et al. Diagnosis of reciprocating compressor valve by sound analysis and neural network Proc. Asia-Pacific Vibration Conf. 1891 1895 1993
- Neural network toolbox user's guide The Math Works, Inc. 1992
- Sugano Fuzzy control (in Japanese) 1991